Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D

Attachments

• 1546625296874.png
    1546625296874.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 285
Calling it now....Gordon, he just got the official release.

https://www.kmov.com/sports/cart-ar...cle_db7b9228-0f94-11e9-ae6e-6f6a409ed440.html

Add another with him, Higgs a redshirt and possibly a B1G and we will look alot different next year!

Kofi, Whitney, Gordon. It just seems like rumors are flying with little chance of telling what is legit smoke and what is just wishful thinking.

Gordon, it just seems like Cuonzo would have him to Mizzou. If indeed Gordon wanted to play for BU, wouldn't that deter Kofi?

Gordon, it just seems like Cuonzo would have him to Mizzou. If indeed Gordon wanted to play for BU, wouldn't that deter Kofi?

As evidenced by the game last night, I don't think any one big guy would be detered from joining the Illini because they fear they wouldn't get minutes. There are plenty of good minutes available for 2 or three quality low post players. You can only watch teams like IU run a tip drill at their basket so many times before you realize we need a LOT of help on the boards.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
I don't actually think I can remember a single post that said a specific day would have big news being actually right ever in the like 9 years I've posted on this board (good lord it's been 9 years?)

I don't actually think I can remember a single post that said a specific day would have big news being actually right ever in the like 9 years I've posted on this board (good lord it's been 9 years?)

The only time I've seen anything come into fruition since I joined IL in 2012 was from a poster ("Josey Wales," I believe) who had the one-time scoop from the newspaper D.J. Williams made his commitment in.

99% of the posts in these recruiting forums are speculation and an anxiety feedback loop about the status of the program.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what happened that day?

TC is not going to say something like this off the cuff. His info and opinions, (although I don't always agree with him), are solid. Come on tomorrow!!!

IF we have a chance with Kofi, which most think we do....he would have to be looked at as a one and done and a serious inside player. Gordon would be more attracted as a wing that would "not" have to play the 5 if Kofi was here, or even Giorgi/Kane/January. 2 seperate positionless players.
Wouldn’t Gordon have to sit one year? Therefore he wouldn’t play alongside a one-and-done Kofi.

Status
Not open for further replies.