Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's because I'm in the midst of finishing my some dissertation edits, but "It’s being reported by Slater that Archie is transferring to Illinois" sandwiched between two generic descriptive paragraphs about the player is just lazy writing.

From what source is it being reported? Are you, article author Jeremy Clark, the source reporting this?

Perhaps I should be less pedantic interpreting a tabloid article on college basketball recruiting.
Been in the works for a loooong time now.

Yeah, definitely. If the current freshmen and Frazier all stay and you can add Kofi, January, Archie that has the makings of a very good team. Would still love to land Shannon on top of that, but that is what it is...

With Archie, Jones, and any one else really, there is no need to play the Shannon game any longer. He will be at Depaul is my guess when all is said and over.

So we could have as of today potentially the following for next year contributing:

Kofi - Top 25 player
Jones - Top 100 player
January - Top 100, may not qualify?
Archie - Top 100 player
Ayo - Top 50 player
Frazier - Proven PT guard who will be here 4 years imo
Giorgi - Low ranked-high ceiling player
Higgs - 1 year of practice and get in shape?
Griffin - Bardo type but much better shot!

Possibly 2 more Top players yet tbd.....we could definately be onto something if this pans out. That is a huge upgrade in talent

I would really love to keep following the thread, but I need to take a Kofi break!

Love hearing the great news about potentially addding Kofi! Would love to see him and January playing together for the beloved. Imo I dont think January will put on the illini uniform. Grades are an issue and from what i heard he isnt in school at all right now.

I love that we are on the receiving end of this high level transfers for a change, this is the position that the NCAA has put schools/players in... no need to lament that, just glad we are finally winning the transfer game in both sports.

We have to change our offense if Kodi and January are coming here. You can't run the pinch post with them up high. Will have to figure out how to get them in isolation in post, possibly pick and rolls which I have yet to see in the Underwood offense. Hopefully he can mesh all this talent together to be able to compete in the Big by next year.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Does anyone know when the news regarding the recruits will break?

th.jpg

Wow.....soon, real soon !

So we could have as of today potentially the following for next year contributing:

Kofi - Top 25 player
Jones - Top 100 player
January - Top 100, may not qualify?
Archie - Top 100 player
Ayo - Top 50 player
Frazier - Proven PT guard who will be here 4 years imo
Giorgi - Low ranked-high ceiling player
Higgs - 1 year of practice and get in shape?
Griffin - Bardo type but much better shot!

Possibly 2 more Top players yet tbd.....we could definately be onto something if this pans out. That is a huge upgrade in talent
Samba Kane would like some pub please. More potential next year than Higgs and January imo

We need to keep the players from an exodus next year. Like the combination of Kofi, Samba, and Giorgi for the 4-5 position. At guards like what we have going with Feliz, Ayo, Damonte, Trent, Griffin. At the wings Jones and Archie(TCU). The system that BU uses he needs a 10 man rotation, too much pressure defense and up tempo offense. Along with fouls. Have been Kipper's biggest fan from day 1, but I'm not sure his heart is in it for one more year of college bball. Still think he has what it takes to be one of the wings.

We have to change our offense if Kodi and January are coming here. You can't run the pinch post with them up high. Will have to figure out how to get them in isolation in post, possibly pick and rolls which I have yet to see in the Underwood offense. Hopefully he can mesh all this talent together to be able to compete in the Big by next year.

Supposedly the 2nd cutter can be a post option, but we haven't seen that yet. I would think you could do some high low with the pinch post guy and the 2nd cutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.