Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to change our offense if Kodi and January are coming here. You can't run the pinch post with them up high. Will have to figure out how to get them in isolation in post, possibly pick and rolls which I have yet to see in the Underwood offense. Hopefully he can mesh all this talent together to be able to compete in the Big by next year.

Giorgi gets isolated posts ups all the time. We aren't great at getting him the ball and he also needs to get better at sealing his man. But if Kofi is as good as advertised then we will feed him constantly in this offense. Adonis was getting the ball a lot too, until the team realized he couldn't make a 2 foot jump hook.

sacraig

The desert
Let's assume all of this comes to fruition. That would be a pretty great set of players, none of which are from the Chicago area. Honestly, I am fine with that. Chicago likes to play games with us, historically, and if we can succeed without them, great. Eventually, they'll realize we don't need to swear fealty to them in order to be successful.

Now we just need the whole "success" thing to make that nefarious plan work...

Deleted member 746094

D
Kane still has a tremendous amount of potential and completely different skill set than GB or KC. I am not putting any hope in January ever playing here. If the KofI rumors are true then our front court next year, albeit still young, could be formidable.

On another note- if Archie does indeed announce his intent to transfer is there enough time to enroll by Spring 2019?

Deleted member 746094

D
Is Archie a grad transfer?

No. He is a freshman. So theoretically if he enrolled by 1/14/19(this was my question) he would be eligible to play next Spring. That is assuming he hasn’t already outplayed his redshirt at TCU. Not familiar with basketball redshirt thresholds.

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
No. He is a freshman. So theoretically if he enrolled by 1/14/19(this was my question) he would be eligible to play next Spring. That is assuming he hasn’t already outplayed his redshirt at TCU. Not familiar with basketball redshirt thresholds.

This might be interesting with the way the NCAA has been handling these cases of transfers. Did Archie have differences with the coach / coaches at TCU like Mark Smith did at ILL? If so, would he be eligible this next semester ??

Deleted member 29907

D
There's obviously zero logic to recruiting. Kofi visits campus at the deadest time of year, witnesses our worst loss in a decade, and (is about to) commit.
Apparently the 'woe is us' approach is effective...

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
If he doesn’t use “K of I to U of I” then it’s not a correct announcement.

Deleted member 14522

D
At the Highland Shootout. Cuonzo just walked into the house. My guess to watch Love from CBC and Mosley from Rockbridge. I heard our staff will not be at this event... hope that isn’t true. Painter in the house as well

I love that we are on the receiving end of this high level transfers for a change, this is the position that the NCAA has put schools/players in... no need to lament that, just glad we are finally winning the transfer game in both sports.

I wouldn't exactly call any of our outgoing transfers high level. Maybe Mark Smith. Maybe.

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
At the Highland Shootout. Cuonzo just walked into the house. My guess to watch Love from CBC and Mosley from Rockbridge. I heard our staff will not be at this event... hope that isn’t true.

Is Luke Kasubke playing in that tourney? That's the kid I really want from the St. Louis area. Him and Miller along with Kofi and January. We are set for a deep run in the tourney in a couple years.

Deleted member 14522

D
Kasubke, Love, and Fletcher are all guys we have offered. This shootout is a fun event. If you have never been I highly suggest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.