Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to temper everyone that 247 site is to make money so I wouldn't put it past them to see the buzz of Illini fans and just help drum that up a bit with a few picks. They love the hits on their site for sure.

sacraig

The desert
Just want to temper everyone that 247 site is to make money so I wouldn't put it past them to see the buzz of Illini fans and just help drum that up a bit with a few picks. They love the hits on their site for sure.

This is not a new or unique take.

Deleted member 633632

D
Having visions of Kofi, Addison, and Archie in O&B next year and im getting awfully excited!! 🔶🔷🔶🔷🔶🔷

Kaden Archie. Top 100 recruit who wants to transfer out of TCU.

With Addison, I’m guessing he meant to say Antwan? As in Antwan January.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

7uLC.gif

Archie, don't know why he is transferring. Looked up all his games averaged from 6-14 minutes a game. Nothing stood out on his stat line. He's 6'5 6"6 wing, #92 on rivals last year. Never seen him play, but would have to battle for time next year if he came.

Deleted member 11196

D
No Foby lol. But Higgs is not the player being referred to for those wondering. But I won't say who for respect for the player and staff, in the hopes he does change his mind and stays. He could still be a really big player for us in the future so I hope they are able to turn him.

Especially with the re-sale recruiting pitch they are pushing to him, that if he stays past this year, he can move back to his natural position (positonless basketball, LOL)... Which the staff thinks would allow him to be the player he's always envisoned being here and lite a fire ubder his arse!! Because he needs it!!

EDIT: Not too hard to pick up on who im talking about. But still wont say any names and I think we should continue to be covert about this convo for respect to the player and team lbs.

Funny.... After reading many posts on this forum, I would have guessed it was the entire team wanting to transfer. Leaving only the walk-ons and BU's son.... In Hoosiers they played with 4.. Can we play with only 3 ????

Deleted member 746094

D
Archie, don't know why he is transferring. Looked up all his games averaged from 6-14 minutes a game. Nothing stood out on his stat line. He's 6'5 6"6 wing, #92 on rivals last year. Never seen him play, but would have to battle for time next year if he came.

We need 6’5 to 6’6 wings that can shoot and get to the hoop. He is a very good athlete and we have very few if any of those on our current roster other than Tevian.

Sign me up for two of him!

This board is so bored all the time, many if not most on here take ALL news/rumors/mentions to heart and hyperbole. Today was such with the B1G news that didn't transpire, this past week it was the FL game ( I was included) and the coach, and now this evening it is about a transfer?

That said if the person mentioned or alluded to is whom most of us think it may be, then I do think he would/could offer leadership, talent, improved play and comprehension next year and the rest of this....hopefully he stays in the fold!

Our recruits should be able to see the level of fandom is dare I say mostly unmatched and love/hate/fear playing for such pressure and expectations.

We need 6’5 to 6’6 wings that can shoot and get to the hoop. He is a very good athlete and we have very few if any of those on our current roster other than Tevian.

Tevian, Archie and Brown would be a legitimate stable of wings.

Next Year Wings:

Jones 6'6 Him and Archie might bring out the best of each
Higgs 6'7 More a 3/4 than a 4/5 player, but after a year off?
Nichols 6'6 Never as athletic as most want to believe, but has played out of position most of games here.
Archie 6'6 (possibly) Him and Jones could bring out a midnight madness dunk contest by themselves!
Griffin 6'5 Might be the sneakiest of them all when all is said and done!

sacraig

The desert
I think we need to agree that, in any given post, a poster should call all recruits by their first names or by their last names, but should not mix them.

Stop this madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.