Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who complained a lot about only having Ayo signed early last year, this is huge to me. Going into spring with minimal slots needed to be filled is good. That extra time allows people to be ready to come in and play (more time to deal with issues like Kane's transcript; more time to monitor Higgs). More time to make connections on the next class.
Really exciting.

Also, a Giorgi/Cockburn frontcourt is going to be fun to watch. They will be a handful.

Wow, this is fantastic. The timing couldn't have been better to give the team and fans a shot in the arm.
I see he posted a Jamaican flag, another thing he and OA no doubt bonded over: island immigrants and NYers.

btw, have we ever in the history of Illini bb had a big man the size of Kofi? He's a massive human.

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Let's hope coach Underwood and staff can keep the momentum going and make this Self guy unheard of on this board!

Foggy Notion

San Francisco
1444812556-7557.jpg

cockburn-s-special-reserve_bottle_1.png

Can we take a moment to discuss all of the things OA has done in his short time here?

Developed Leron into an All-Conference player, developed Greg all last year, Georgi is going to be an all-conference freshman, snagged Kofi... the guy is working!!

Great news, very glad to have a nice inside presence next year between Georgi, Kane, and Kofi. On another note, does anyone actually know why Whitney didn't sign?

Huge get, literally! Not only is he a banger, but it looks like he can make a jumper too. It's going to be pretty important for Giorgi to work on his outside shot so him and Kofi can play together as much as possible.

Great news, very glad to have a nice inside presence next year between Georgi, Kane, and Kofi. On another note, does anyone actually know why Whitney didn't sign?
Maybe cause he had a silent verbal, that if we got some pieces maybe?

Huge get, literally! Not only is he a banger, but it looks like he can make a jumper too. It's going to be pretty important for Giorgi to work on his outside shot so him and Kofi can play together as much as possible.
He's probably doing that right now!

NJILLINI

Castle Pines, Colorado
Let me be the first to try a nickname: Kofi Shaq?

I’m leaning more towards a tribute to a memorable John Wayne tough-guy character and propose Rooster as his new handle (with apologies for the spelling difference). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.