Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great read.

Sounds like he has taken 3 OV's to UNLV, Georgia, and Clemson. Leaving him with 2 to take.

We're in the thick of it, and adding Kofi only helps with the case. I know the staff is pushing hard to get a visit from him.

I really like his game and think he is a great piece. If this kid wants to come, best believe the staff is taking him. Shannon has had his chances to commit...

Last edited:
Wow, this is fantastic. The timing couldn't have been better to give the team and fans a shot in the arm.
I see he posted a Jamaican flag, another thing he and OA no doubt bonded over: island immigrants and NYers.

btw, have we ever in the history of Illini bb had a big man the size of Kofi? He's a massive human.

BRucks

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
So....... no Whitney?

tenor.gif

Ok..no Whitney.

Last edited:
Great news on the football front the last two weeks.
The Kofi announcement today.
The women defeated #12 Minnesota today.

I know, hells frozen over and nobody told me.

Well I guess Sports Illustrated should have the 2019-2020 Illini national championship shirts done pretty quick now

Unfortunately if they had any Bears Super Bowl ones made they're gonna have to be donated to Ethiopia

Guys, I literally made an account *just* to write this...

If "The Secretary General" isn't Kofi's nickname when he's on campus, then the Illini men's basketball program deserves to be disbanded forever. IT'S RIGHT THERE FOR US, PEOPLE. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Guys, I literally made an account *just* to write this...

If "The Secretary General" isn't Kofi's nickname when he's on campus, then the Illini men's basketball program deserves to be disbanded forever. IT'S RIGHT THERE FOR US, PEOPLE. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

lulz!

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Weird in what was overall a crappy week for my sports teams, it was the Illini revenue sports giving me hope. Kofi better not bolt before signing day.

Deleted member 645583

D
This is important to remember. It's a long way to go until April 12th.
He had nice things to say about Ayo and Griffin. Maybe that will keep him around.

Question: will Coach still use the same system now that he has Kofi?

All we need is to flip Khalil Whitney now. If a starting lineup of Trent, Ayo, Khalil Whitney, Giorgi B, and Kofi can’t make the tournament next year then Underwood might as well pack his bags.
What I love about this post, is that of your "dream team" 4 of your 5 are already here or going to be here (knock on wood).

Deleted member 633632

D
Well I guess Sports Illustrated should have the 2019-2020 Illini national championship shirts done pretty quick now

Unfortunately if they had any Bears Super Bowl ones made they're gonna have to be donated to Ethiopia

Too soon bruh... too soon!! :hand:

Deleted member 633632

D
Weird in what was overall a crappy week for my sports teams, it was the Illini revenue sports giving me hope. Kofi better not bolt before signing day.

Always in the back of your mind but if you somehow get CB there's no chance. Plus, Antigua is a guy you don't want to cross so I can't see it happening. As I've said before, Antigua has the juice! Its drippin' all over him! 😭

But I would like to remind folks about a certain 5* center who recently posted a snapchat on his official visit stating he was bored with a time filter reading 2am that had us all, including myself, ready to throw the whole program away! Just get rid of everybody!!

But yeah, that guy, he's on our team now! And if you read his commitment statement, I highly doubt King Kofi (aka Big C) is going anywhere!! 💯💯

Man that 2am snapchat seems like century's ago! 😎🔶🔷🔶🔷

Status
Not open for further replies.