Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 4-12 and you're over here talking about having too many quality players.

Agreed but playing time is an issue for some people. It is often brought up as a reason why players may not choose other schools, for example "Kofi could be less attracted to UConn because they just got big man AA." One would hope the star wing recruits see the 4-12 the way you're putting it. For the C position, there is a giant void that someone like Kofi can see and say to themselves "When I get to campus I get the starters minutes from day one. There will be no one, and I mean no one, who is going to be on the court leading in that position all season long the way I am--not Georgi, Samba, or Antwan J." (KC and GB can play together.)

Jan 9, 2019 :: Illinois targeting newly committed Kofi Cockburn’s teammate, Christian Brown.

According to sources, Brown is planning a visit to Illinois but “it’s not set up just yet,” source said.

Orlando Antigua and Brad Underwood saw the two play a few weeks back and left very intrigued with both, especially Brown who they’ve got major interest with.

Many wonder if Cockburn can pull off getting his teammate to Illinois who could potentially get two top-70 recruits. They’re competing with Georgia, Clemson, and many others.

billybaroo

Pebble Beach, CA
Are we in on Kofi's teammate Cam Thomas (2020 6'3" shooting guard)? He really stood out during my Kofi and Christian Brown YouTube excursions. Kid is a serious bucket getter. Averaging nearly 27 a game for Oak Hill.

This board is truly an amazing group. In about a week we have gone from complete despair with no hope for the program to a position where we may need to decide which two Five Star wings we will have to turn down. All this with a tour of every sleezy college bar in the Midwest thrown in too.

View attachment 4002

Point well taken but my concern wasn't having to turn players down but how to convince them to come here. As 0440 and others have informed, they won't be concerned about getting PT after all

Hearing that AJ's transcripts are looking better than initially expected and an excellerated course path is being advised and set in place to ensure that we get our California big man on campus! next fall!

Very, very positve feedback about the visit so far!! Let's hope it all works out in the long-run!! 🙏🏆

chief,
Do you mean next summer or fall, like Samba?

Deleted member 633632

D
chief,
Do you mean next summer or fall, like Samba?

It really depends on how much ground he has to make up. Not sure if he will make it in June or not, but the plan of course is to have him in uniform come the start of practices next fall.

Deleted member 633632

D
Any more nuggets concerning January's visit, not much coming out.

Everything has been pretty Football related because of the JT situation but im anxiously waiting on a few reply's to some texts LJ and ill post as soon as I hear anything..

Deleted member 633632

D
40 nice work on the Christian Brown visit bro!! What are you thinking our chances are with him after this visit and do you think Kofi makes the trip down with him?

Thx in advance! 🔸🔹

Status
Not open for further replies.