Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,255      
So some on here will still say there is a chance......

I mean I still get the side of it when people say "well yeah that's what he has to say when asked because he's verbally committed".. Just figured I'd post it because it's been talked about enough.

I'm not going to *hope* we get him and be let down. But I'm also not going to act like these things never happen and there is 0 chance.

#1,257      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
The only thing I heard is that he might not commit to UK if current player don't jump to the NBA
Then we better hope Ayo gets the heck out of here so we have room for Whitney. Bc otherwise, he might not come here as his backup plan!

#1,264      
Kofi down low, along with Georgi and January allows for a completely different defensive approach. The helping off of shooters everyone is up in arms about right now isn't needed with a group of capable 5's led by Kofi.

That was a similar thought I had in the game thread. Kofi's defensive presence in the paint would have changed the dynamic of the game in the first half. Iowa was able to do anything they wanted inside in the first half that*I think* led to their confidence in the second half to make everything they threw up toward the rim.

#1,267      
Brown has the type of athleticism and agility that our teams have greatly needed the last few years. He is really good. Kofi is HUGE, but also looks a bit out of shape and has pretty slow feet (he definitely needs to lose some weight and gain some quickness).

#1,273      

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
I'm watching Kofi, too. Wow he is big! He does seem a little sluggish. Hard to judge how good he is when no one gets him the ball. Can you imagine Fletch whittling him down to a lean, explosive 260. I too will be watching Christian Brown now that I know number he is wearing.

#1,274      
Must say that watching Kofi live is causing me to temper my expectations. I'm SUPER excited to bring a player as big and strong as he is into our program. BUT, he is pretty bad on defense is his feet are far slower than I expected (he will get torn up on switches when screened in college). However, you can't teach his size and I feel he is oozing potential with the right training and coaching. It would be so so nice if we can really grab a visit by Brown. I also understand why people think Brown has the higher ceiling than Kofi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.