Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giorgi, Griffen and now Hawkins. This staff is doing wonders with sleepers.

If I am not mistaken, in all three cases the staff was scouting other higher ranking players, on their HS/club teams, and found these guys.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is the only thing keeping Curbelo from being a Top 10 (maybe Top 5) recruit is his slight build? His highlights are otherworldly!!

Is it just me, or is the only thing keeping Curbelo from being a Top 10 (maybe Top 5) recruit is his slight build? His highlights are otherworldly!!
Size is definitely a major consideration. Magic Johnson isn't Magic Johnson if he was 6'0" tall. Honestly, Ayo isn't a draft prospect if he wasn't 6'5".

Unfortunately, in High D 1 athletics....size does matter.

If I am not mistaken, in all three cases the staff was scouting other higher ranking players, on their HS/club teams, and found these guys.
I am curious. Who was a higher ranked player on his team than Griffin? Remember that he was NY state Player of the Year.

blackdog

Champaign
I am curious. Who was a higher ranked player on his team than Griffin? Remember that he was NY state Player of the Year.
Not sure but who were they playing when BU saw him? Know that was the case with Kouma (Watching Whitney).

If I recall it was his club: Renaissance (NY).

They had
* Luther Muhammad (tOSU)
* Khalid Moore (Georgia Tech)
* Bryce Wills (Stanford)
* A guy named Kofi Cockburn (uncommitted)( o_O )
* Cormac Ryan (Stanford, transferred 2019 to ND)

But, my recollection is very hazy. If anyone's recollection is any different, then I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Just felt this needed to be posted
73397A75-C14C-496B-A8C8-2A37801B68FD.jpeg
156631E7-7059-4244-ABE2-825DD8E24ADC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.