Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
We need to either stomp out the AJ Griffin hints or see of this turnaround has given us a step up in chances.

giphy.gif

We need to either stomp out the AJ Griffin hints or see of this turnaround has given us a step up in chances.
Your play on words was so faux cheesy don’t you know. No Gouda. Wacka wacka.

If I think you are saying what I think you are
#4 Holmgren #8 Griffin #10 Christie#13 Diabate are all interested in Illinois now?
And #18 kepnang
I just listed the five 5 star recruits that I know of for 2021 with illinois offers.
Supposibly two of the five are close to committing. Not all of them lol
#1 kuminga also offered
#7 hardy
#11 lander
#15 chandler
#16 ingram
#20 brown

Last edited:

illini80

Forgottonia
No matter what, OA needs to be retained.
Winning gets you noticed and I'm sure OA would love another head coaching gig. You are never going to keep a staff together if you are winning at a high level. It's just part of the deal. If it happens, it's ultimately a good problem to have.

Don't we have one of the higher paid staffs in the B10 already? Did a quick google search and didn't find the answer.

And #18 kepnang
I just listed the five 5 star recruits that I know of for 2021 with illinois offers.
Supposibly two of the five are close to committing. Not all of them lol
#1 kuminga also offered
#7 hardy
#11 lander
#15 chandler
#16 ingram
#20 brown
Not getting my hopes up landing any of these guys including #4,#8,#10,#13, and #18 until a signature is on the ..............

illini80

Forgottonia
Not getting my hopes up landing any of these guys including #4,#8,#10,#13, and #18 until a signature is on the ..............
Was just talking with a buddy about how it's been nice to talk about the team and not about recruiting all season long like we have for what seems like forever! No I'm not going to bite on this either. I'll celebrate if it comes to pass, but right now I'm just enjoying the games.

I think we should all boycott MickeyD’s in protest. I have started already but not sure they noticed.

Let's not get drastic. I find life more enjoyable when you can separate the artist from the art.

Last edited:
Griffin would be so sweet to get, if for no other reason the Duke thing, Kepnang I would argue is more important to us long term. Kofi and then him back to back, maybe we get a stub 5 spot recruiting thing going from those two and our continuity improves as well.

Illini92and96

Austin, TX
So you wanna know something that’s frustrating? Greg Brown is about take over the record for leading scorer in central Texas history. The kid who currently owns that record is my former PG who ended his career with 3150 career points. Before he broke it, that record stood for like 20+ years. It will now be broken again just 2 years later.

Greg Brown is an nba player playing high school basketball games if any of you have had the opportunity to see him in person. The difference in talent level is kind of absurd. It’s cool two consider just how opposite that last two record holders will be, as my pg was a 5’8 super scorer, and Greg brown is just a beast.

As a fun fact, in a head to head matchup (both guarding each other despite the 1 foot height difference) my pg outscored Greg Brown 55-42 in a game a couple years ago.
Five star, are you in Austin? I live a mile from Vandergrift and went to their game last Tuesday. Brown scored their first 15 points and put up almost 40. Great outside shooting but his handles need work. Lazy on defense, but he oozes potential..... Hadn’t been to a high school basketball game in a long time. There must have been 5 guys that dunked between the two teams, which is about 3 more dunks than I saw my HS senior season. LOL.

We have some great pieces coming in next season even if Miller isn't one of them. Also some nice transfer pieces that will be eligible. It has been said many times, many ways, but winning cures so much. We are going to start seeing some positive movement on the recruiting front (I haven't heard the 5 star, 2021 stuff) but I don't think it would be far fetched. Teams like Butler, Gonzaga, etc, show us that winning can get people to go about anywhere. If we keep this up and finish even in the top half of the B1G, we will be getting a ton of recruits interest. Then it is all about getting them to campus, letting them smell the cow dung, then close the deal at a mediocre pancake place. Just messing around, don't nobody get upset now, ya hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.