Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January-February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
2018 Illini Basketball Commits
Ayo Dosunmu (2018 PG) committed on Oct. 19th, signed on Nov. 8th

-----------------------------------------------------------
rbachhuber's Scholarship Grid
Updated 02/26/2018

Last edited:
Good point, but grad transfers are a bit different, IMO. They have shown a commitment to getting a degree which speaks to their work ethic a bit more.

You think they’re working toward a degree or toward their personal free agency?

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri

Doing both is certainly not out of the question is it? Seems most of college athletes are doing the same, hoping for one anf ff preparing for life with the other. Go ILLINI.

P.S. No I'm not intending to street an argument or debate with this. :D

1m4tr

Cliffmas
Is Bragg a grad transfer?

Well, graduate transfers have already graduated with a degree. They are typically trying to improve their own stock, but they have already shown commitment to graduating college.

Whether or not they show commitment to the master's program they enroll in, that is another story.

Well, graduate transfers have already graduated with a degree. They are typically trying to improve their own stock, but they have already shown commitment to graduating college.

Whether or not they show commitment to the master's program they enroll in, that is another story.

Thorne, jr and Abrams each have 2 different Master's degrees.

NCAA data shows that most are just there to play basketball, and most graduate because of the RS year. The 5th year rule in its current form is one of the big travesties in college basketball.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
Just NO on Bragg. Talented yes. Head case that had several brushes with the law while at Kansas that probably would have resulted in arrests anywhere but Lawrence. Drugs, domestics, don't need any more of that. Just think how bad you have to be to get in Self's doghouse. Ridiculous to even bring his name up for Illinois. Just NO.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Hot take; wouldn’t be mad if we pursue Bragg

latest

Thorne, jr and Abrams each have 2 different Master's degrees.

Great commitment by them! Being good at basketball and getting hurt a whole lot was great for their careers! :thumb:

No Bragg. I don't think he could take the structured practices and demands of Coach U.

Even when he was in high school I felt Bragg was way overrated. And that was before all this drama in his college career. I remember his senior year he was kind of having a ho hum season at about the exact same age as a less skilled and less athletic Malcolm Hill, was a sophomore at U or I and competing like a dog in the Big Ten. Bragg was significantly older than most of his competition and I never remember him stepping up and owning games like his ranking would have suggested he should. If the switch ever flips, he could be a monster basketball player. I hope for his sake it does. I'm guessing the style of Underwood is too intense for his liking though. But if he wants to come? I don't know. They say the third time's a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.