Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January-February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAIllini

West Coast
What's the deal with Cherry? Are we actively involved?

This tells me staff is getting desperate.
Oh, a guy that was rated #47 composite that is 6'10" 260, who had offers from Kansas and Arizona amongst many others, and was averaging 5 and 5 as a true freshmen in 18 mpg is a sign of desperation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My only concerned would be he seems pretty slow and he can't really shoot. Not sure how he fits our more uptempo system, but he certainly would be a force in the paint.

IlliniDent

Chicago, IL
Oh, a guy that was rated #47 composite that is 6'10" 260, who had offers from Kansas and Arizona amongst many others, and was averaging 5 and 5 as a true freshmen in 18 mpg is a sign of desperation?

Agreed, would be solid in that he would have a year to learn the system too. Shouldn’t hurt our chances at all with Okoro either. We need depth at the center position and we need it badly.

Nah, it's the fact that they're perusing the transfer market. I don't have any beef with the young man's game.

Nah, it's the fact that they're perusing the transfer market. I don't have any beef with the young man's game.

So what would you call our current roster makeup combined with whats left in the 2018 class other than "desperate" when it comes to bigs? No stone unturned and what not.

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
Everyone remember what transpired with Ray Rice in his sit year? People can adapt.

If that is desperate, I want more desperate.

They quite literally stopped recruiting a HS big to bring him in. Sorry if you have a problem with that. But expect his commitment on campus or early next week.

haasi

New York
Would he have 1.5 or 2.5 years remaining? Ie do his 2 half years at Miss St and transfer destination count as half years or full years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 631370

D

So even if the kid's game helps us, because he's a transfer -- rather than HS recruit or 5th year kid -- it's "desperate"?

I though the coaches' job was to find the right players and build the right roster, period.

I couldn't care less where they come from. If he has 2.5 years of eligibility left and helps us in an area of dire need.....how do you say no to that unless you have better options?

Deleted member 631370

D
Would he have 1.5 or 2.5 years remaining? Ie do his 2 half years at Miss St and transfer destination count as half years or full years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played 1.5 years at Miss State. I'm not sure how it works, but I assume he would have 2.5 years of eligibility left, right?

5 years to complete 4. I wonder why more kids do not transfer at mid-year. If they want to transfer, obviously they are not happy where they are, ergo the next several months of this current year are more or less wasted.

As for this fan, looking forward to a player contributing next mid-January is vastly more desirable to having to wait until November of 2019 for a quality big. I’m on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.