Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (January-March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Trent Frazier more than I ever wanted Charlie Moore. Similar type games it seems but Trent > Charlie on height and athleticism.

Well put it this way Illini wont be hurting for guards next season: Frazier, Lucas, Pickett, DJ Williams, Colman-Lands, Charlie Moore,& Damonte Williams....phewwww im out of breathe...

That will never happen. Lock.

I want Trent Frazier more than I ever wanted Charlie Moore. Similar type games it seems but Trent > Charlie on height and athleticism.

Agreed. TF is the (signed) player I've been most excited about coming in for years.

Michael Porter's father should have a bevy of offers as an assistant and I wouldn't mind him coming here with a new head coach if we were to have one.

If a coach gets fired/leaves a team, can players transfer to another school and play immediately, or do they still have to sit out a year?

whovous

Washington, DC
Recruits are typically released from their commitment, but players have to sit out a year.

Not if the coach leaves??

This is answered in the post above yours.

Recruits are typically released from their commitment, but players have to sit out a year.

Important to note that most recruits are released from their NLI/Commitment, but there is not a rule that states they have to be.

I can't find the post now, but a poster did some great research on recruits decommiting after a coach leaves. It's a very small percentage. I wouldn't worry much about recruits decommiting if a coaching change does happen.

Deleted member 10676

D
Michael O'BrienVerified account‏@michaelsobrien

The 2017 Chicago Sun-Times All-City basketball team: http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2017/02/23/2017-chicago-sun-times-city-basketball-team/ …

[FONT=&quot]Ayo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dosunmu first team, Perry Cowan 4th team.
Interesting that Uplift's Demarius[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Jacobs made first team, teammate[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Toraze Dobbs made 3rd team, but former IL recruit and Kansas commit Markese Jacobs made Honorable Mention. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I heard players were saying "The Show" is definitely the 2nd best player in his family and SIU got the steal of steals with Demarius.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I don't believe that recruits that haven't enrolled in school yet are required to sit out a year after their release.

They are not required to sit out a year after their release, that is correct.
But the school is also not required to release them.
It is common to release the recruit if they ask for a release, but it is not required. That is the funky part about the recruits.

blackdog

Champaign
I don't believe that recruits that haven't enrolled in school yet are required to sit out a year after their release.

The second part of the statement was for current players already with the team.

Demarius Jacobs Game

Michael O'BrienVerified account‏@michaelsobrien

The 2017 Chicago Sun-Times All-City basketball team: http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2017/02/23/2017-chicago-sun-times-city-basketball-team/ …

[FONT=&quot]Ayo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dosunmu first team, Perry Cowan 4th team.
Interesting that Uplift's Demarius[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Jacobs made first team, teammate[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Toraze Dobbs made 3rd team, but former IL recruit and Kansas commit Markese Jacobs made Honorable Mention. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I heard players were saying "The Show" is definitely the 2nd best player in his family and SIU got the steal of steals with Demarius.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

D Jacobs has a old game feel to the way he plays...very controlled play, good vision, a little to right handed, but has the ability to steal and block like the kid from NW I think....

Wellington 82 Coral Springs 62....Wellington advances to the State FF for 2nd time in last 3 years.

chief78

Florida
Wellington 82 Coral Springs 62....Wellington advances to the State FF for 2nd time in last 3 years.

Coral Springs was the defending state 8A Champion. Neither team had size, but both were exceptionally quick with very good hands. Trent Frazier must have had at least 15 pts in the 4th quarter alone and finished the game with a resounding dunk! There were a few of us Illini fans in the crowd.:chief:

Coral Springs was the defending state 8A Champion. Neither team had size, but both were exceptionally quick with very good hands. Trent Frazier must have had at least 15 pts in the 4th quarter alone and finished the game with a resounding dunk! There were a few of us Illini fans in the crowd.:chief:

Up 20ish and finishes the game with a resounding dunk? Doesn't sound too good.

chief78

Florida
Up 20ish and finishes the game with a resounding dunk? Doesn't sound too good.

Coral Springs was pressuring all 4th quarter and fouling to try and get back in the game. This was not a hold the ball moment, it was a break the press pressure and finish. Trent had another opportunity for a breakout and passed the ball back out. There was nothing to get upset about in my opinion and I don't think the Coral Springs fans or team did either.

Coral Springs was pressuring all 4th quarter and fouling to try and get back in the game. This was not a hold the ball moment, it was a break the press pressure and finish. Trent had another opportunity for a breakout and passed the ball back out. There was nothing to get upset about in my opinion and I don't think the Coral Springs fans or team did either.

In that context I'm no longer concerned. I envisioned the score being 80-62 and Trent had a breakaway that he flushed at the buzzer.

This is just one game.. but.. this is a game that showed more than highlights.

Trent is going to need some polishing.. This is from one of his recent games.

https://youtu.be/hjDP7-_Somk

I can't figure out how the heck to post it on here for some reason. Gonna have to click the link.

It's ugly. It's very ugly. I think he had 5-6 turnovers in a matter of 2 minutes. Took terrible shots at the rim.. Just one game.. But he's not coming in and replacing Lucas.

Last edited:
This is just one game.. but.. this is a game that showed more than highlights.

Trent is going to need some polishing.. This is from one of his recent games.

https://youtu.be/hjDP7-_Somk

I can't figure out how the heck to post it on here for some reason. Gonna have to click the link.

It's ugly. It's very ugly. I think he had 5-6 turnovers in a matter of 2 minutes. Took terrible shots at the rim.. Just one game.. But he's not coming in and replacing Lucas.

Trent is still a young player. Those things are to be expected. But the part you left out was that he lead his team to the victory in the 4th quarter when it mattered. Even though he was having a bad game, he pulled it together and won them the game. I can't wait for Trent to get on campus. Yes, he will struggle right off the bat, but the majority of freshman do. You will see him grow next year just like what we are seeing from Tejon. Getting better every game.

Jkat00

Champaign, IL
If you could pick between Trent Frazier and Mark Smith, who would you pick?

illini92024

Orange County, CA
If you could pick between Trent Frazier and Mark Smith, who would you pick?

The one that is committed is who I want. The next one that commits is who I want next. If you mean which recruit is better, then its the recruit that commits to the :illinois:.

Status
Not open for further replies.