Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
-----------------------------------------------------------
rbachhuber's Scholarship Grid
Updated 07/29/2018

-----------------------------------------------------------
NCAA Recruiting Calendar (pdf)

basketball-recruiting-072018.jpg

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
This thread, let's focus on 2019 recruiting & beyond.

For 2018 recruiting or transfer news, please use the Illini Basketball 2018-2019 thread. Thanks :thumb:

Last edited:
2020 Coleman Hawkins 6'8 Forward with skills! Cali-Kid

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Interesting that we never got very involved with Hargrove. On the surface, he's the kind of kid BU likes, 6'6" long and athletic wing. He was an East St. Louis kid, so maybe the fallout over Tillman kept us away. If you recall, Counzo was conveniently visiting Hargrove at ESL shortly after Tillman decommitted from us.

PJD86

Texas
I think its because we feel really good about Shannon and Whitney. If Hargrove was a C or PF type kid, different story.

Just my .02 both those guys are better players

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Interesting that we never got very involved with Hargrove. On the surface, he's the kind of kid BU likes, 6'6" long and athletic wing. He was an East St. Louis kid, so maybe the fallout over Tillman kept us away. If you recall, Counzo was conveniently visiting Hargrove at ESL shortly after Tillman decommitted from us.

I would think that would be Walker's area of recruiting. Maybe he had an indication that Hargrove wasn't looking at Illinois. Could definitely be Cuonzo related. That can't be good for Cuonzo though to lose a guy out of his hometown to SLU.

Cuonzo must have a lot of sisters...

From the games where I saw Hargrove play I thought he was pretty weak creating his own shot, but he could hit the 3 pretty well.

My impression, which might be way off base, is a poor mans version of Trevor Ariza. Not much of a creator but a 3 and D wing.

Only way we add one more is via 5th year to keep scholarships open for BIG 2019 class, which as of now looks like Shannon/Whitney best case and an emerging big who can run and score?

Assuming Ayo returns, try to swing for the fences and sell playing with a sophomore Ayo to a top tier big.

That and junior Frazier, junior Damonte, soph Tevian, soph Griffin, soph Samba, and other key returning talent (insert your favorites for breakout players here), should be an appealing choice to a top tier big should we look competent on the court this year. Sell them on taking down Michigan State and rising to the top of the B1G and the NCAA tourney. Should be a convincing squad of talent for a top tier big to sign on.

Last edited:
Whitney/Shannon with an unknown as of now for the class.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Can someone refresh my memory on Whitney. In New Jersey, back in Chicago? playing with MIF I know.

Ah, yes...the Till-man. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.