Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 175495

D
He was fantastic at MJCC. Set all kinds of records and they have had some really good players go through there. He got into a little bit of trouble a few times but nothing big. Certainly nothing worse than we have seen here. He's good enough to play here. He 100% would of been one of our better players on several of our recent teams.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Shouldn't be too hard in the Pac-12.

giphy.gif

Corey Evans‏Verified account @coreyevans_10 1h1 hour ago

Marcus Watson has left a giant impression on this one. Not many better in the high school game with as good of a first step. Tone setter at the 1.

UIHoopsRecruits Retweeted
Scott Burgess‏ @scottybscout 55m55 minutes ago

Unreal game from Marcus Watson! He has 25 pts (11-16) 7 reb 6 ast. His Morgan Park running mates Brandon Weston & Adam Miller with 20 each

UIHoopsRecruits Retweeted
Scott Burgess‏ @scottybscout 42m42 minutes ago

Final: Nightrydas defeat @TheMacIrvinFire 100-90. Adam Miller 27. Marcus Watson 25/7/7. Brandon Weston 20. Mike Foster 12. Scottie Barnes 28/6/5. Kameron Woods 20. Isaiah Todd 22 @D1Circuit #PeachJam

Is it me or do you guys think Marcus waston is a perfect fit for Underwood. He a true point who can score and can he can pass the ball at an elite level as knows because he led the eybl in assists and he fast so he be perfect for the transition offense. But he was also top 5 in steals so he would be perfect for the press type of difference run and it would just fun to see him get a steal and lob it up to tevian for a gut ranching duke in a very meaningful game. That just my take on one of our top targets

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Is it me or do you guys think Marcus waston is a perfect fit for Underwood. He a true point who can score and can he can pass the ball at an elite level as knows because he led the eybl in assists and he fast so he be perfect for the transition offense. But he was also top 5 in steals so he would be perfect for the press type of difference run and it would just fun to see him get a steal and lob it up to tevian for a gut ranching duke in a very meaningful game. That just my take on one of our top targets

I had been more of a Curbelo guy, but now? Recalibrating there. Watson has shined, against the best. Sign me up!

Deleted member 654622

D
For those that do not listen to the Jeremy Werner show, Ryan Easterling was on there yesterday talking basketball recruiting. Noted statements were Kalkbrenner's dream school is Stanford. It's us or Stanford. And Kansas isn't really in on the Adam Miller race. Feels good about IL landing him. Positive listen

For those that do not listen to the Jeremy Werner show, Ryan Easterling was on there yesterday talking basketball recruiting. Noted statements were Kalkbrenner's dream school is Stanford. It's us or Stanford. And Kansas isn't really in on the Adam Miller race. Feels good about IL landing him. Positive listen
Also of note was the Illinois side since most hear dream school and think it's over, he also sees a value in staying close to home...so although Stanford is his dream school, no real prediction by Easterling, my take is he thought it will come down to visits & what he decides is more important/better fit with his priorities.

No insider but grain of salt. Would say there is probably a a slight opinion bias to give Illini fans what they want to hear. Gotta keep those subscriptions up.

Status
Not open for further replies.