Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 643761

D
For those that do not listen to the Jeremy Werner show, Ryan Easterling was on there yesterday talking basketball recruiting. Noted statements were Kalkbrenner's dream school is Stanford. It's us or Stanford. And Kansas isn't really in on the Adam Miller race. Feels good about IL landing him. Positive listen
Last time we lost one to Stanford really hurt.

Let's hope they don't have much interest, for whatever reason.

No insider but grain of salt. Would say there is probably a a slight opinion bias to give Illini fans what they want to hear. Gotta keep those subscriptions up.
Certainly could be some bias, but in fairness I think we get more bias because these guys are O & B, there sources tend to be O & B, and it is obvious the kids know they are O & B, than iintentionly trying to feed fans a story they want to hear to sell more subscriptions. But what I took from it was Illinois still has a chance vs. a Whitney situation where once Kentucky offered it was over. If that chance is 1% or 99% at this point it doesn't matter much until the official visits. He also didn't think Kalkbrenner had decided anything yet, but if he chose us it was because staying close to home was a stronger pull than going to school at Stanford. He was fairly clear that he thought it would between us and Stanford.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Is it me or do you guys think Marcus waston is a perfect fit for Underwood. He a true point who can score and can he can pass the ball at an elite level as knows because he led the eybl in assists and he fast so he be perfect for the transition offense. But he was also top 5 in steals so he would be perfect for the press type of difference run and it would just fun to see him get a steal and lob it up to tevian for a gut ranching duke in a very meaningful game. That just my take on one of our top targets

Just found my new band name...

Deleted member 654622

D
Certainly could be some bias, but in fairness I think we get more bias because these guys are O & B, there sources tend to be O & B, and it is obvious the kids know they are O & B, than iintentionly trying to feed fans a story they want to hear to sell more subscriptions. But what I took from it was Illinois still has a chance vs. a Whitney situation where once Kentucky offered it was over. If that chance is 1% or 99% at this point it doesn't matter much until the official visits. He also didn't think Kalkbrenner had decided anything yet, but if he chose us it was because staying close to home was a stronger pull than going to school at Stanford. He was fairly clear that he thought it would between us and Stanford.
Still rocking that gold outline I see Greensboro
tenor.gif

What teams would anyone suggest I catch at EYBL in Milwaukee this weekend? No MIF or Meanstreets here, but some of the usual suspects like Team Ramey, Ray Allen, Phenom University and a bunch of Aussie teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.