Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all heard anything on Jalen bridges?

Bridges is unusual in that he "back" classified from a '19 to '20. He recently had visited CBus and Bloomington and picked up offers from both tOSU and IU. He's from WV and has a Huggy offer. One of the paid sites implied we were trying to get him to visit. We offered him back in May.

What are these camps for again? Looking briefly at the rosters I am not sure how these players were placed or choosen
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...18/four-sites-selected-youth-basketball-camps

Werner had someone on the show in the last few weeks talking about these, seems like there was a bunch of skepticism on how they would work & some college politics going on...Seemed like somewhere in there regional colleges had some say in who was invited & there was some reservation about wanting to send one of your plan "A" guys to these, worries about another school stealing your recruits and everyone trying to figure out the best way to game the system, so I wouldn't make much of who is or isn't invited, probably depends on the different schools strategies. But it seems like a win getting to host for us.

Remember when Self used to have some kind of camp at Moody Bible Institute. How come our Illini coaches don't continue that tradition or do they?

Bridges is unusual in that he "back" classified from a '19 to '20. He recently had visited CBus and Bloomington and picked up offers from both tOSU and IU. He's from WV and has a Huggy offer. One of the paid sites implied we were trying to get him to visit. We offered him back in May.
Thanks for info. Great summary

Apparently the safe has coolest immensely on him, or at least that's the last I heard on here.
I will never criticize typing/editing skill, but did you mean "Closed" rather than "coolest", as in the "ship has sailed". Otherwise, color me lost.

Bud Li
Bu
Bud Lights or Buds Light? 🤔

Bud Lights was the secret photographer for Labatts who made this girl famous: At least this is the urban myth?

1563545430584.png

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Bud Li

Bud Lights was the secret photographer for Labatts who made this girl famous: At least this is the urban myth?

View attachment 4611
She just became famous to me today.

Edit: Hahahaha, I would have never guessed it was her.

Last edited:
It's obviously late in the summer but any chance the staff tries to grab a last second 5th year or 19 big to fill Samba's spot? After Kofi and Giorgi the depth is rough.

It's obviously late in the summer but any chance the staff tries to grab a last second 5th year or 19 big to fill Samba's spot? After Kofi and Giorgi the depth is rough.

Here's the legwork for you: Last of the Transfer "Bigs" listed that can play right away, AND have not picked a future school as of todays date.

Moustapha Diagne 6'9" no new school as of yet
Marek Hulva 6'9" -
, last workout similiar to this one turned our pretty good for us?
Dosan Kovacevic 6'10" -
Demola Onafida 6'9" -
Patrick Szpir 6'9" -
Jethro Tshisumpa Mbiya 6'10"
Jalen Williams 6'8" -

According to 24/7 Basketball - The highest rated "Big" uncommitted is at #180 Mahamadou Diawara? Carl Lewis, who I believe we offered at one time is at #188, looks to be small college/juco though? Otherwise, the staff will need to go more international, probably carry one over?

Status
Not open for further replies.