Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
As of right now the focus should be Miller, Kalkbrenner and Watson imo. I believe that’s our most realistic class, along with maybe a transfer or late commit.
Is this a class that we could likely tie up by October? I don't know what we would do, if we didn't need to fill 3 scholarships in the Spring.

Is this a class that we could likely tie up by October? I don't know what we would do, if we didn't need to fill 3 scholarships in the Spring.
If we filled the scholarships we would go back to the can Underwood count discussions & where will the scholarships come form.

However, the way things go those choices aren't mutually exclusive. We could be having a where are we going to get the scholarships debate in the fall & then trying to fill scholarships in the spring/late summer. Some things just repeat,recycle, and repeat.

Well, not a good scenario, but unofficial to Champaign are not that difficult from Chicago. So, if you have gas and toll money and a cheap hotel, He could stay with me . . . oops, I left the great corn desert. Need to get Ayo's Mom involved.

Oh no....no take backs

Cal comes calling things could change. Unlikely but you can never be $ure. Especially if UK misses on BJ Boston and Josh Christopher.

PT would be more limited there with at least 2-3 ahead of him at his position than it would be at Duke, UNC, Texas, Louisville or Illinois.

Even if he decides he wants to take an OV here, it really amounts to nothing. He ain’t coming.

Miller, Curbelo, Kalkbrenner is best case. Staff feels confident on all 3.

Curbelo really likes us. Wouldn’t even be in it with him without Antigua. Maryland, Texas Tech, Louisville are the biggest threats.

Last edited:
In AO I trust.

I would feel better if these kids declared and signed ASAP, instead of " staff feels ......"

Last edited:
Is there really that big of a difference in talent between Seward and Miller that one gets blueblood offers and the other doesn't? It's ironic honestly because a year or two ago the roles would've been flopped almost entirely.

Pretty good shot.
But let's not confuse the 2 different questions inherently buried in the question. 1) Do we have a shot at his last visit? 2) Do we have a shot at landing him?
After reading the blog article you posted, I would say it is slim for 1...the odds of 2 are within the noise levels of zero...so cue up the dumb & dumber, so you're saying there is a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.