Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article written by the less than admired Rees Woodcock but there is some information there that might be of interest in regard to the Hutcherson recruit.

Illini coaches have a plan for Austin Hutcherson

Hutcherson also mentions to Piper how Brad Underwood wanted to use the talented transfer. Underwood is looking at Hutcherson as a possible replacement for Ayo Dosunmu when he leaves the program. Mainly, he is looking at him as a No. 1 or No. 2 guard on the team.

I like how he "rough" outlines and obvious lineup...lol

Watson is really good. Definitely worthy. But Curbelo's better, IMO. Don't know if Antigua pushes us over the top, but I damn sure want to find out.

I really like Watson, as I posted before I thought he and Miller were the best backcourt in Nike EYBL. He had a very good PJ, however I am not sure why he has no HM offers other than Illinois.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
however I am not sure why he has no HM offers other than Illinois.

Didn't know that. It's definitely weird, IMO. Kid's a smurf, there's always doubts with them. But he's more than proven himself, against top flight competition. Anywho, no matter, that's not our problem.

Actually IWU was a NAIA school at the time that Sikma played. He used to work at Black's Sporting Goods. Sold me a pole vault pole when I was in HS.

Was that pole made of bamboo?:giggle:[/QUOTE]

No, but I used bamboo in the back yard. And the pole I used in 7th and 8th grade was an old HS reject aluminum pole.
Bob Seagren was the world record holder back then, but had been screwed at the 1972 Olympics by his 550+ pole being disqualified the day before the competition requiring him to use an unfamiliar pole. Many sports fans would probably remember that fiasco, but for the murder of 11 Israeli athletes a few days later that kind of overshadowed that.

Is it because I’m old and grouchy, but I’m so not interested in my list going from 20 to 16 to 12 to 8 to 4.

Are these kids in that much need of a spotlight? I cannot imagine that they are seriously considering all the schools on these long lists. They only get 5 visits. How can a list be a dozen?

Many American high schools no longer require homework. If one can good attendance, in many schools, one does not have to take final exams at the end of each semester during the senior year. Might as well just play ball, take official and unofficial visits around the country, perhaps weigh the pros and cons or under-the table offers (develop their Excel spreadsheet skills) and listen to coaches "osculate their posteriors." :) :) :)

Many American high schools no longer require homework. If one can good attendance, in many schools, one does not have to take final exams at the end of each semester during the senior year. Might as well just play ball, take official and unofficial visits around the country, perhaps weigh the pros and cons or under-the table offers (develop their Excel spreadsheet skills) and listen to coaches "osculate their posteriors." :) :) :)

Everyone I have ever heard of has had to do homework
Is it because I’m old and grouchy, but I’m so not interested in my list going from 20 to 16 to 12 to 8 to 4.

Are these kids in that much need of a spotlight? I cannot imagine that they are seriously considering all the schools on these long lists. They only get 5 visits. How can a list be a dozen?

Couldn’t you just not care until they get down to official visits?

I'm in the camp of just letting the kids have fun. It doesn't harm anybody, right?

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Faces-A_Nod_Is_as_Good_as_a_Wink...To_a_Blind_Horse_(album_cover).jpg

I've been referencing "wink wink nudge nudge" at work a lot lately and I am not sure if anyone makes the connection. It's sad, really. Given, the context in which I am using it is generally serious conversation, but still.
Are we still allowed to make references like this at work? It seems like I need to run things by legal first lest I get a visit from the H.R. Department. Eric Idle always had me in stitches....

Status
Not open for further replies.