Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weston could have reclassified easily and came with Miller. Staff offered him and were visible at the games( partly because of Miller) and they wanted him. Miller was constantly in his ear as well. Weston even visited during football season and I think he was on campus during basketball season. With that being said, Id put him behind nesbitt jones, goode and slightly ahead of Pinzon. He had chances to commit. He has spent his 4 years of high school and he had to leave Morgan Park.

Not to disagree with you Rob but Weston's reclassification was denied by the NCAA and in fact they denied him college admission for this Fall. He started at some obscure private school in Wisconsin and then onto Lake Forest Academy (2017-2018)as a Freshman and then did not attend any HS until December of 2018 when he enrolled at MPHS. As a result of all of that Nick couldn't get him eligible for the 2018-2019 season. He lacked the proper credits to get re-classified. He had to leave MPHS, if he wanted to play, because he would be beyond the IHSA age limit. This all reminds me of Lovett and his 4 or 5 schools he attended.

Not to disagree with you Rob but Weston's reclassification was denied by the NCAA and in fact they denied him college admission for this Fall. He started at some obscure private school in Wisconsin and then onto Lake Forest Academy (2017-2018)as a Freshman and then did not attend any HS until December of 2018 when he enrolled at MPHS. As a result of all of that Nick couldn't get him eligible for the 2018-2019 season. He lacked the proper credits to get re-classified. He had to leave MPHS, if he wanted to play, because he would be beyond the IHSA age limit. This all reminds me of Lovett and his 4 or 5 schools he attended.
I knew that he had been to too many high schools/been in high school too many years to be eligible this upcoming year. Never heard that the waiver was denied. Thanks for correcting me. Great info bro!

Oregon and Auburn getting into the David Jones recruitment tells me something.:cool:

All I'm saying is Orlando Antigua should be given a lifetime contract

Stab in the dark but to me this translates to Orlando Antigua did a great job establishing a relationship with David Jones before some of the other competition got interested which will hopefully lean him towards the Orange & Blue.

I'm curious of Kendall Brown's commitment today (to Baylor) has these other programs looking at the remaining ~6-5 to 6-7 guys available which may have made them realize David Jones is pretty good too?

This does sound like Lovett. What drives me crazy is that they(NCAA) have such finicky rules on schools/HS course work....but are willing to toss out standardized tests,...which theoretically should/could level playing field. And NCAA continues to be biased and arbitrary on enforcement actions(yes I'm talking about you Jayhawks).

All this points to....G league has a bright future as NCAA continues to self-defeat.

Soulberries

University of Illinois
Throw in a lifetime for Chin too.

8DA0F4C4-64C0-4D92-9F30-C75F4019167C.gif

Stab in the dark but to me this translates to Orlando Antigua did a great job establishing a relationship with David Jones before some of the other competition got interested which will hopefully lean him towards the Orange & Blue.

I'm curious of Kendall Brown's commitment today (to Baylor) has these other programs looking at the remaining ~6-5 to 6-7 guys available which may have made them realize David Jones is pretty good too?
If I had to put a number on jones comitting to us I would say roughly 85 to 90%..
Good stab in the dark, because orlando antigua established a GREAT relationship with him and his family.. when I day hes in contact with him daily I mean first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Coach Antigua is an AMAZING recruiter.

Four-star Jordan Nesbitt will cut list after summer

Nesbitt said that he would still like to take official visits once he's able to and that he hasn't yet made up his mind on who will or won't get them. Finding a place that will help him reach the next level of basketball is a priority and though he's not decided whether he will sign early or late, he's at least got a general idea of his next steps.

"I want to narrow it down here at the end of the summer. I'll probably do a top 10 or something like that first and then maybe go down to five and really get into it before I make my decision."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-jordan-nesbitt-will-cut-list-after-summer

He had some nice things to say about Illinois...but some REALLY NICE things to say about SLU.

He had some nice things to say about Illinois...but some REALLY NICE things to say about SLU.
everyone knows youths are really nice to people they reject, but play hard to get with what they really want:cool:

Strange 8 on Nesbitt. No Texas, Mizzou, Iowa, Arkansas, or Ole Miss. Can't find he has an offer from Memphis.
Seton Hall??
Last I heard no offer from Memphis, but he’s been talking with Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.