Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

Yeah I totally realized this later when someone mentioned Bruce! I was focused so much on the recent! Thanks for the correction! Sorry Bruce!

Also a little surprised Harper wasn't higher.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Even his jump shots were passes

OQ4QeVl.gif

McCamey became an assist machine, but it took him a couple of years. His A/T ratio was almost identical to Ayo's in their respective freshman years. DMC became marginally better his Soph year. He really took a leap in that regard in his final 2 years.
Roster construction is what put Ayo in the scoring role rather than as a primary ball handler, similar to Dee's experience.
if I remember correctly (aka somebody else google it) “roster construction” Could be blamed for DMC’s low assist totals the first two years. He was more of a scorer out of necessity, especially freshman year.

Stanley would have 2 years here correct?
Yes but sit one year, play 2. Seems like a R Rice type player and certainly a different piece. Wonder how he fits with Verdonk and Hawkins. Looks like a 4 but can he play the wing? Struggled with the 4 position the last two seasons now the future looks bright there but not so much at the 5.

Yes but sit one year, play 2. Seems like a R Rice type player and certainly a different piece. Wonder how he fits with Verdonk and Hawkins. Looks like a 4 but can he play the wing? Struggled with the 4 position the last two seasons now the future looks bright there but not so much at the 5.

Why would Stanley need to sit? Didn't his current school already cancel their season? If that's the case I'd expect the NCAA to grant immediate eligibility if the B10 decided to play and his original school didn't.

If the B10 cancels their season then I'd hope that would count as his sit-out year and he wouldn't ever have to actually sit...

Why would Stanley need to sit? Didn't his current school already cancel their season? If that's the case I'd expect the NCAA to grant immediate eligibility if the B10 decided to play and his original school didn't.

If the B10 cancels their season then I'd hope that would count as his sit-out year and he wouldn't ever have to actually sit...
Are you confusing us with a blue blood?

Yeah I totally realized this later when someone mentioned Bruce! I was focused so much on the recent! Thanks for the correction! Sorry Bruce!

Also a little surprised Harper wasn't higher.

Like Frank and DWill, he only played 3 years, where the others all played 4.

Agreed, that's like a school dumping their program, although likely for only 1 year here. Still, he should be able to play immediately.

I don’t mind if Stanley isn’t granted eligibility. He’s a much better rebounder than BBV, and Grandison, but we will need him more in 2021-2022 with no Kofi, and most likely FR Mac Etienne as our only polished/semi-polished BIG.

I don’t mind if Stanley isn’t granted eligibility. He’s a much better rebounder than BBV, and Grandison, but we will need him more in 2021-2022 with no Kofi, and most likely FR Mac Etienne as our only polished/semi-polished BIG.
How do you know he is a better rebounder? Do you know more about BBV and Grandison or are you basing it on his performance at Hampton? Grandison averaged 5/game at Holy Cross.

How do you know he is a better rebounder? Do you know more about BBV and Grandison or are you basing it on his performance at Hampton? Grandison averaged 5/game at Holy Cross.
Basing it off his performance at Hampton compared to Grandison’s at Holy Cross. No disrespect t
Grandison just different body types, and games led me to make that statement.

Couple questions:
Has ship sailed on Weston’s recruitment? Feels like if we are likely to land Goode (committee), Jones and Nesbitt then Weston would have lots of competition that it sounds like he may not want.

Scrolling through, looks like we will be able to fill 4 schollies and we like Mac, Goode, Jones and Nesbitt. Where does that leave us with Pinzon?

As a follow on, man it’s nice to have a conversation about recruiting where we are actually getting big time recruits.

Couple questions:
Has ship sailed on Weston’s recruitment? Feels like if we are likely to land Goode (committee), Jones and Nesbitt then Weston would have lots of competition that it sounds like he may not want.

Scrolling through, looks like we will be able to fill 4 schollies and we like Mac, Goode, Jones and Nesbitt. Where does that leave us with Pinzon?
I was told a few months back that !!!! sailed with weston, however I dont know if that's true

Has ship sailed on Weston’s recruitment?

The kid wants to see what other programs are selling, can't blame the kid. But his ride isn't going to be waiting on him here.

This staff isn't just going to sit around and pray and hope he commits though.

They're going to go turn over rocks and find kids that are just as good that want to be a part of the Orange and Blue.:shield:

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
The kid wants to see what other programs are selling, can't blame the kid. But his ride isn't going to be waiting on him here.

This staff isn't just going to sit around and pray and hope he commits though.

They're going to go turn over rocks and find kids that are just as good that want to be a part of the Orange and Blue.:shield:
If I am reading this correctly, he has a ride available, as long as no one else takes it first. It is good to be in on a lot of talent, where either/or is a good answer.

Couple questions:

Weston could have reclassified easily and came with Miller. Staff offered him and were visible at the games( partly because of Miller) and they wanted him. Miller was constantly in his ear as well. Weston even visited during football season and I think he was on campus during basketball season. With that being said, Id put him behind nesbitt jones, goode and slightly ahead of Pinzon. He had chances to commit. He has spent his 4 years of high school and he had to leave Morgan Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.