Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to spend even a day with a waistline like that (and I don't mean Lovie, though his would probably be an improvement).

About spit my coffee out this morning what a great comment! Sad but true. Lovie is a classy guy and I would hope kids with some class and same type of out look on life be it football, basketball, even just a student are drawn to him to be like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to spend even a day with a waistline like that (and I don't mean Lovie, though his would probably be an improvement).

About spit my coffee out this morning what a great comment! Sad but true. Lovie is a classy guy and I would hope kids with some class and same type of out look on life be it football, basketball, even just a student are drawn to him to be like him.
When he was driving everyone nuts in Chicago and everyone was down on him, me especially, the players all loved and supported him.

I think this situation is better for him, and expect him to build a good program.

Last edited by a moderator:
TF is the pure PG Groce has been looking for to run his offense!! Lock it down today !!
Frazier is more of a combo who can develop into a good point. He plays off the ball a lot and can really shoot it. Williams is also a combo who can run the point. Lucas is the most natural point coming in.

Getting lots of ball handlers, though.

TF is the pure PG Groce has been looking for to run his offense!! Lock it down today !!
Frazier is more of a combo who can develop into a good point. (Not a bad thing. That's what Dee was coming in). He plays off the ball a lot and can really shoot it. Williams is also a combo who can run the point. Lucas is the most natural point coming in.

Frazier is more of a combo who can develop into a good point. (Not a bad thing. That's what Dee was coming in). He plays off the ball a lot and can really shoot it. Williams is also a combo who can run the point. Lucas is the most natural point coming in.

Not sure I agree with that. Maybe he's not a pure point, but he's a scoring point guard. He runs a lot of pick and roll. He can play off the ball but he's at his best in space and navigating around a screener IMO.

It's the kid's decision. He or his family may even be decided, but wanting to go home and sit on it for a day. If he makes it to Georgia, that would suck. We all feel like this is a no brainer, of course... I'm going to start the prayer vigils for Scruggs as next weekend approaches. I hope to avoid that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree with that. Maybe he's not a pure point, but he's a scoring point guard. He runs a lot of pick and roll. He can play off the ball but he's at his best in space and navigating around a screener IMO.
I agree (solely based on his highlights). I don't think Frazier is one of these "combo guards" where you don't know if he can really play the 1 spot full time (We've had a few of these recently).

He may be wired to score, but IMO he's fully capable of playing the 1. "Scoring PG" is a better description than Combo guard. And that's what Groce wants.

The title for Frazier is lead guard. In my eyes that's a combo leaning towards the 1. He's got plenty of pg qualities and I wouldn't call him a project at the 1 at all.

These tea leaves are pretty easy to read. The decision may not come today, and he may even take his trip to GA, but TF has already bought into becoming an Illini. Might he change his mind? Possibly but unlikely. My guess is a 50-50 chance for a decision today; 75% chance by Tuesday; 100% chance by a week from Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.