Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to point out that we're developing a LaLumiere pipeline! Must be those LaLumiere alums working on the kids who are now on the team. ;)

Keep it up judge! I knew something positive was happening when you posted last night!

Exactly. I listen to RyanK and Judge Yates in my 10+ years in here.

I am sure there are more recent quality posters, but I have been on sabbatical from Illini basketball. Hope to be back soon. :chief:

Listen to RHIT. Most reliable poster otb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zpfled

Logan Square, Chicago
Clearly a banner day for the program. It's been at least a couple of years (and disturbing arrests) since I felt any optimism about this program.

To me, Goodwin is not the cherry on top, he is the whole sundae. If Tilmon gets you Goodwin, this is a challenger to win the conference and make some noise in March.

This is starting to feel like the Richardson - Paul - Bertrand string of commits.

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
Per Kedric Prince on Twitter, Frazier will officially visit in August. Likes the Tilmon commit.

But I assume he knew before the world knew, he probably knew last night. But with kids who knows, he could have been making a moving to go get something to eat lol.

05366ec4-ddeb-412f-ab4b-e34f3eb6409e_text.gif

Mister Zero knew before you knew? I cant believe this.
(RIP Bruno Kirby)

Jeremy said on the radio that Derek was told this was happening by Tilmon on Friday.

Fair enough, it's still a high schooler's tweet regadless.

I'm so hyped for this class. The direction this could go with an all-state type of team would be unreal. If we somehow get Goodwin, Eastern, and Smith to fall? I don't know what I would do.

I'm 100% sure that there will be no further news today, but I can't stop coming back to confirm it.
This is a GREAT DAY

Jordan Goodwin 247 predictions

Jordan Goodwin 247 predictions for illini today from Andrew Slater and Evan Flood

midastouch11

New York, New York
Fair enough, it's still a high schooler's tweet regadless.

I'm so hyped for this class. The direction this could go with an all-state type of team would be unreal. If we somehow get Goodwin, Eastern, and Smith to fall? I don't know what I would do.

I think you're looking at Goodwin. And then one of Scruggs or Frazier, and then a big. It's also possible they bring in five for 2017 and bank one for 2018, it'll improve class balance and allow them to swing for Finke, Ayo, Gordon or Ramey.

I think you're looking at Goodwin. And then one of Scruggs or Frazier, and then a big. It's also possible they bring in five for 2017 and bank one for 2018, it'll improve class balance and allow them to swing for Finke, Ayo, Gordon or Ramey.

Or Garland :thumb:

Per Kedric Prince on Twitter, Frazier will officially visit in August. Likes the Tilmon commit.

If we get Goodwin, then adding another PG and big will be a very good class. It will take the pressure off from needing top recruits to complete the rest of the class.

I have been waiting for Tilmon to make this public for months. I was told on the night that Lucas was injured by someone who should know that Tilmon had been committed, albeit silently, to Illinois for some time.

I did post that here at the time. I was hoping that the info was correct, and thankfully, it was.

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
Just going to throw this out there that I did say over a year ago Tilmon would be Groce's first 5 star and also his breakthrough recruit. Looking like that may be the case although there is some credence to saying JCL is the pied piper of recruits.

whovous

Washington, DC
I have been waiting for Tilmon to make this public for months. I was told on the night that Lucas was injured by someone who should know that Tilmon had been committed, albeit silently, to Illinois for some time.

I did post that here at the time. I was hoping that the info was correct, and thankfully, it was.

The silent verbal finally speaks!

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
It is pretty interesting that the smoke around the time of the Dicks Nationals was completely true. Have to wonder if the shoulder injury had anything to do with the delay in announcing or if there was something else. Probably never will know for sure.

Smacko

Lexington, KY
I think the timing of the Frazier visit in august is strategic. Staff is confident they could close him once he visits, but having him wait until then gives them another month or so to try and land a big fish.

Just want everyone to know I knew this since a long time ago. You're welcome.

Shower time

I think the timing of the Frazier visit in august is strategic. Staff is confident they could close him once he visits, but having him wait until then gives them another month or so to try and land a big fish.

I was thinking the same thing. Gotta believe they're pushing real hard for Scruggs in the next month.

It is pretty interesting that the smoke around the time of the Dicks Nationals was completely true. Have to wonder if the shoulder injury had anything to do with the delay in announcing or if there was something else. Probably never will know for sure.

It was something else, but the injury didn't help. Regardless, great day!!

Finally some positive Illini basketball news! Groce and the staff have to keep the momentum going. Goodwin and Scruggs have the table set :illinois:

Status
Not open for further replies.