Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3,954      
Hopefully we can lock things up by the end of the day. It would be amazing if TF would commit on his visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3,956      

jonnymo

the paign
Carp just tweeted "it's up to the OPH to seal the deal"!!

#3,957      
I'd love to spend even a day with a waistline like that (and I don't mean Lovie, though his would probably be an improvement).

About spit my coffee out this morning what a great comment! Sad but true. Lovie is a classy guy and I would hope kids with some class and same type of out look on life be it football, basketball, even just a student are drawn to him to be like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
#3,958      
So quiet this morning... taking that as a good sign. Hopefully we have another top 100 commitment by day's end

#3,959      

Psycho 86

King Monkey Nut
Mooresville,Indiana
TF is the pure PG Groce has been looking for to run his offense!! Lock it down today !!

#3,960      
I'd love to spend even a day with a waistline like that (and I don't mean Lovie, though his would probably be an improvement).

About spit my coffee out this morning what a great comment! Sad but true. Lovie is a classy guy and I would hope kids with some class and same type of out look on life be it football, basketball, even just a student are drawn to him to be like him.

When he was driving everyone nuts in Chicago and everyone was down on him, me especially, the players all loved and supported him.

I think this situation is better for him, and expect him to build a good program.

Last edited by a moderator:
#3,961      
TF is the pure PG Groce has been looking for to run his offense!! Lock it down today !!

Frazier is more of a combo who can develop into a good point. He plays off the ball a lot and can really shoot it. Williams is also a combo who can run the point. Lucas is the most natural point coming in.

Getting lots of ball handlers, though.

#3,962      

Frazier is more of a combo who can develop into a good point. (Not a bad thing. That's what Dee was coming in). He plays off the ball a lot and can really shoot it. Williams is also a combo who can run the point. Lucas is the most natural point coming in.

#3,963      
Frazier is more of a combo who can develop into a good point. (Not a bad thing. That's what Dee was coming in). He plays off the ball a lot and can really shoot it. Williams is also a combo who can run the point. Lucas is the most natural point coming in.

Not sure I agree with that. Maybe he's not a pure point, but he's a scoring point guard. He runs a lot of pick and roll. He can play off the ball but he's at his best in space and navigating around a screener IMO.

#3,964      
It's wayyyy too quiet on here today. I'm impatient and starting to feel like no news is bad news... Come on Groce close the deal...

#3,968      

MrOizo

Chicago
It's the kid's decision. He or his family may even be decided, but wanting to go home and sit on it for a day. If he makes it to Georgia, that would suck. We all feel like this is a no brainer, of course... I'm going to start the prayer vigils for Scruggs as next weekend approaches. I hope to avoid that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#3,969      
Not sure I agree with that. Maybe he's not a pure point, but he's a scoring point guard. He runs a lot of pick and roll. He can play off the ball but he's at his best in space and navigating around a screener IMO.

I agree (solely based on his highlights). I don't think Frazier is one of these "combo guards" where you don't know if he can really play the 1 spot full time (We've had a few of these recently).

He may be wired to score, but IMO he's fully capable of playing the 1. "Scoring PG" is a better description than Combo guard. And that's what Groce wants.

#3,971      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Get that kid some TOPH! Pancakes and corned beef hash or die trying!

#3,972      

The title for Frazier is lead guard. In my eyes that's a combo leaning towards the 1. He's got plenty of pg qualities and I wouldn't call him a project at the 1 at all.

#3,974      
If you are freaking out or worried about a commitment then you need to take a few LARGE steps off the ledge. We are good to go. Let the kid enjoy the rest of his visit.

#3,975      

james81

North Carolina
These tea leaves are pretty easy to read. The decision may not come today, and he may even take his trip to GA, but TF has already bought into becoming an Illini. Might he change his mind? Possibly but unlikely. My guess is a 50-50 chance for a decision today; 75% chance by Tuesday; 100% chance by a week from Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.