Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,676      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Not a big tea leaves guy, but some encouraging signs on the Nolley front. Really hoping his OV is tremendous. That said, am expecting him to take additional visits.

THT: has he scheduled a visit? OV or UV? When?

Iggy: longshot. Need an OV. Get it and we have a chance. Until an OV is scheduled, not going to start hyperventilating.

2 out of those 3, plus Ayo and a big, and we're cooking with gas!

#2,678      

james81

North Carolina
Not a big tea leaves guy, but some encouraging signs on the Nolley front. Really hoping his OV is tremendous. That said, am expecting him to take additional visits.

THT: has he scheduled a visit? OV or UV? When?

Iggy: longshot. Need an OV. Get it and we have a chance. Until an OV is scheduled, not going to start hyperventilating.

2 out of those 3, plus Ayo and a big, and we're cooking with gas!

Based on the info as of yesterday, THT hasn't scheduled any visits. I've read Ohio State is working hard to get a visit. An MSU article had him listed as a top priority, above Henry. Since the opportunity to schedule fall visits is shrinking, I'm surprised a lot of these guys haven't got them lined up. Getting Iggy here for an OV would be a big deal.

#2,679      
Henry talks recent visits

Those two visits are his most recent, and coming up next will be an official visit to Michigan State.

About the Spartans, Henry said, "That is my dream school, but I have to see what it is like there when I go up there. Everybody knows it is my dream school and I cant wait to get up there and talk to Coach (Tom) Izzo and just see what the place is like."

According to Henry official visits are set with Michigan State and Ohio State, and one is in the works with Xavier. He also plans on having in home visits with the coaches before making a decision.

http://scout.com/college/basketball...cial-visits-and-upcoming-official-v-106618896

#2,683      

Those two visits are his most recent, and coming up next will be an official visit to Michigan State.

About the Spartans, Henry said, "That is my dream school, but I have to see what it is like there when I go up there. Everybody knows it is my dream school and I cant wait to get up there and talk to Coach (Tom) Izzo and just see what the place is like."

According to Henry official visits are set with Michigan State and Ohio State, and one is in the works with Xavier. He also plans on having in home visits with the coaches before making a decision.

http://scout.com/college/basketball...cial-visits-and-upcoming-official-v-106618896

Wow. Xavier is in on everybody.

#2,685      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Clearly, we're on the outside, looking in, with Henry. Which is fine, particularly if he cuts it short and commits to Sparty. That will effectively eliminate them from the THT derby, which is a very good thing.

#2,686      
Clearly, we're on the outside, looking in, with Henry. Which is fine, particularly if he cuts it short and commits to Sparty. That will effectively eliminate them from the THT derby, which is a very good thing.
THT and Nolley are our top choices. Henry may be 3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#2,687      
Hearing some really good things about our chicago recruits (Nolley, THT, Ayo, and Conditt). I would be absolutely thrilled with that class. All it takes is the first domino to fall...

Chin putting in that work.:shield:

#2,690      

sacraig

The desert
Hearing some really good things about our chicago recruits (Nolley, THT, Ayo, and Conditt). I would be absolutely thrilled with that class. All it takes is the first domino to fall...

Fingers crossed a domino falls this weekend.

#2,691      

That would be such a good class. Chin seems like such a good guy, great personality.

#2,692      
Henry is not a priority. Don't expect him to be back on campus.

Hearing that will come down to tOSU, MSU, and Xavier.

He really wants MSU, but the real question is, Who does MSU want?

Your buddies at Butler are still in on Henry?? He had an UV to tOSU on Sunday and goes back for an OV on 9/15. He's also close to an OV w/MSU.

#2,693      
Your buddies at Butler are still in on Henry?? He had an UV to tOSU on Sunday and goes back for an OV on 9/15. He's also close to an OV w/MSU.

Can't see Butler getting Henry at this point.

He is very close with Eric Hunter from Indy, and they play on the same AAU team. They both loved Holtmann, and both plan on taking OV to tOSU. Hunter is going on 9/20, so the weekend after Henry goes.

#2,695      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Yeah, one would have to be dead, comatose or absolutely ignorant not be thrilled with that class.

If Conditt is ready to pop, the only possible way I'd slow play him is if we decide we're a legit player (say 25% chance) for BPJ. And, even then, it probably isn't worth it.

#2,696      
If Conditt is ready to pop, the only possible way I'd slow play him is if we decide we're a legit player (say 25% chance) for BPJ. And, even then, it probably isn't worth it.

+1000.

Really think BPJ is a long shot at this point.

That leaves Sow, Castleton, and Conditt. We take the first big guy that wants to pop. I like them all.

#2,698      
Where does Nolley play now? His bio says he is from Georgia.

#2,699      
Landers Nolley discusses official visits, plans early decision

Illinois: “It’s up north, that’s where I lived for a year. They want me bad. I would play a lot of minutes as a freshman and the head coach calls me every day."

Nolley, who now ranks as the No. 57 overall prospect in the 2018 class, told Scout he’s on track to make his college choice during the early signing period.

http://scout.com/college/illinois/A...-discusses-official-visits-plans-ea-106627384

Status
Not open for further replies.