Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,951      
I'm also sure the key to all these offers is making them look as committable as possible. I don't think Kansas is going to say here's an offer, congrats you are the third choice for our pg schollie. It is more likely they are going to stall the official visit and the process until after choice 1 & 2 have a chance to visit and then gauge there interest while all the time telling kid #3 he is top priority.

Notre Dame told a buddy from high school that he was their third choice for the scholarship they were allotting for a safety. Despite offers from most Big Ten schools he waited and signed they very moment the other two prospects committed elsewhere.

#1,954      

james81

North Carolina
Illinois State, Iowa State, Pittsburgh, Kansas.

I thought Illinois State was a type-o, but it's correct.

Maybe a verbal for the wing scholly is coming sooner rather than later?

That's a stunner. Here's hoping Henry loves orange and blue (or in his case, blue and orange).

#1,960      
Soooooo, is this an example of what I was asking earlier, only we are on the other side of the ledger? A prospect drops a school showing only lukewarm interest? We were not able to commit to him at this time so he moves on?

Strange list. I recall the Iowa State interest and the strong visit, so no qualms there. Kansas is Kansas so I get that. However, didn't Griffin just come out and say it will be hard to add a late team, no chance to build that relationship? Then Pitt offers late and makes the final cut?

Illinois State????

Gotta love recruiting, so fluid ;)

#1,965      
Illinois State has been in on Griffin for a while now, so i am not surprised by that. As for many young recruits , he may see the wing position a little too crowded at Illinois and sees a better opportunity for earlier playing time at the other schools.

#1,967      
Or Zion Griffin just simply cut us from his list? I know, I know... it's impossible. :)

If you look back at some interviews, he mentioned that he really liked the Iowa State visit, they have a good team, and room. Showed him love early.:(
Glad we know now, refocus.

Last edited:
#1,968      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Not saying this is definitely the case with Griffin, but sometimes an in-state kid can get peeved when his state school doesn't notice him for years, then tries to get in late. Give the kid credit for including the in-state school that was on him first.

Also, somewhere in Lawrence, Snacks is eating a candy bar and giggling to himself.

...$20 on Iowa State by the way.

#1,969      

Deleted member 10676

D
I'm just surprised it's been 3 hours and nobody's blamed the Irvins yet.

#1,970      
Maybe we a better with THT than we think?!

I think we are still in it with THT, not his top option, but definitely not out of it completely yet.

With Griffin cutting his list without including us, means the staff is feeling better about others. I think if they really wanted Griffin that bad they would have put on the full court press, and I just didn't get the vibe that the staff was doing that.

If the THT and Ayo package is still viable, the staff will do everything they can to make it happen, and man oh man would those two be fun to have in the O&B.

#1,971      

sdfidaho

Boise, Idaho
Illinois State has been in on Griffin for a while now, so i am not surprised by that. As for many young recruits , he may see the wing position a little too crowded at Illinois and sees a better opportunity for earlier playing time at the other schools.

Kansas?

#1,974      
Not saying this is definitely the case with Griffin, but sometimes an in-state kid can get peeved when his state school doesn't notice him for years, then tries to get in late. Give the kid credit for including the in-state school that was on him first.

Also, somewhere in Lawrence, Snacks is eating a candy bar and giggling to himself.

...$20 on Iowa State by the way.

Not the case here, it was something else

Status
Not open for further replies.