Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,726      

Magoo222

St Louis, MO
Who was a bigger get Groce or Underwood ? ..............just kidding, haha

#2,728      

sacraig

The desert
Who was a bigger get Groce or Underwood ? ..............just kidding, haha

G0S0E1Z.gif

#2,731      
All the rankings I quoted were actually 247 composite rather than Scout. For many of us the only quasi-objective info we have is the rankings. Personally, I think the numerical rankings are stupid. Simply looking at stars is easier:

5 star - All but a couple will turn out as great college players
4 star - Should be a good college player especially on the right team
3 star - Might be a good college player, ask again in 4 years. Some three stars turn out to be phenomenal, some don't and have a hard time getting on the court.
2 star - Major project, occasional diamond in the rough

Meh... star rankings have lost their meaning and are less valuable than numerical rankings. There has been "star ranking" inflation fueled by marketing. There is a huge difference between the average #30 player and the average #136 players. Tremendous oversimplification, there is not much differentiation between the low 4 stars and 3 stars, yet there huge difference between the high 4 stars and low 4 stars.

#2,732      

jmilt7

Waukegan
Don't know on the norm, but suspect it depends on the coach, his style, & the feel for how much the specific recruit wants to hear from the coach. Everyday might be needed for some kids & too much for other kids.

My question is what does one talk about every single day? Seems like you would run out of things to say. "Hi, how ya doin'? Finish your homework? Ready to commit yet? OK. Talk to you tomorrow."

I don't even call my girlfriend every day

#2,734      
My question is what does one talk about every single day? Seems like you would run out of things to say. "Hi, how ya doin'? Finish your homework? Ready to commit yet? OK. Talk to you tomorrow."

You should!

#2,737      
#2,738      

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
I like our chances with Nolley...he doesn't seem to have a true connection on the surface to any of his five remaining schools. Wow him on his first visit this weekend, and I think we'll be sitting in the driver's seat.

#2,739      
I like our chances with Nolley...he doesn't seem to have a true connection on the surface to any of his five remaining schools. Wow him on his first visit this weekend, and I think we'll be sitting in the driver's seat.

Well he lives in Georgia so that's a pretty big connection but other than that it is an interesting array.

#2,740      

Glad you're not our lead recruiter. Because if you're not somebody else is.

#2,748      
so looking at Scout that would be

#27 Ayo
#96 Nolley
#108 THT
#209 Conditt

The theory being they are a good fit for BU's system and are underrated by Scout?

Come on now. If you can get the 27, 96, 108, and 209 player every year, you're doing pretty well.

You really think we're going to bring in classes like KY/Duke/UNC?

FWIW I agree with the other posts here -- don't get too caught up in rankings. After the top 20-30 guys, it's pretty tough to rank kids. If our coaching staff has a good eye for talent and brings in guys that fit our system we'll be in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.