Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalkbrenner schedules an OV to Stanford this coming Sunday.

When a recruit schedules another school right after visiting one, does that mean they weren't happy with what they just saw?

A good omen.
On Tuesday, Whitman announced progress has been made in fundraising for that project.
"We've made some significant progress on the fundraising path for the expansion and renovation of Ubben," Whitman said. "We expect that to continue to move forward in relatively short order."
The renovation would add approximately 45,000 square feet to the existing structure, while remodeling more than 8,300 square feet of existing space

When a recruit schedules another school right after visiting one, does that mean they weren't happy with what they just saw?

I would not read much into that. Could be a good concert he wanted to see and go surfing. :) Does not look like academics will be an issue for Kalkbrenner. :)

Soulberries

University of Illinois

Could also be the parents wanting to make sure he considers opportunities from the "best" academic schools.

jmilt7

Waukegan
I wouldn't sleep on Michigan, 3/5ths of the second coming of the Fab Five are in the their sights--three 5*'s in Nimari Burnett, Adam Miller, and Scotty Barnes.

In the article that the quote about reaffirming the offer to Burnett, he says, “I love Juwan Howard as a person and I’m sure he’s also a great coach. I’ve known him since I was in about 3rd or 4th grade so we are almost like family. They are currently higher on my list than they were before. Based off of the relationship we have already they are in a better position.”

Long established relationship. Isn't that one of the most important things that got us Ayo? Methinks Burnett will be heading to UM.

https://gbmwolverine.com/2019/06/20...oward-gets-interest-of-5-star-nimari-burnett/

In the article that the quote about reaffirming the offer to Burnett, he says, “I love Juwan Howard as a person and I’m sure he’s also a great coach. I’ve known him since I was in about 3rd or 4th grade so we are almost like family. They are currently higher on my list than they were before. Based off of the relationship we have already they are in a better position.”

Long established relationship. Isn't that one of the most important things that got us Ayo? Methinks Burnett will be heading to UM.

https://gbmwolverine.com/2019/06/20...oward-gets-interest-of-5-star-nimari-burnett/

Kinda like Miller's longstanding relationships with Da'Monte and Ayo.:)

Personally, I thought we should pick up a PG for 2019. For sure we need one in 2020 with Ayo going pro.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Personally, I thought we should pick up a PG for 2019. For sure we need one in 2020 with Ayo going pro.

Hard sell for a kid who is going to get very little time. But, yeah, critical for 2020. Case can be made for taking 2 PGs (athough Frazier will almost for sure eat most of the 2nd PG minutes). Curbelo would be an awesome 2nd PG get, but it'll be a hard sell.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
2021 SF Bryce Hopkins (Fenwick) is on the rise. Know he plays for the "wrong" (lol) AAU team, but this kid looks like a player. Henricksen has him #2 in his class (for Illinois preps).

Status
Not open for further replies.