Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courier

C
Casey's better than Miller? Hmmm....interesting opinion.
6'8 CG with ball skills to run the point. Ranked top 15 nationally. He's definitely a better prospect than Miller. That doesn't mean he will be better though. FWIW, I also have Steward ahead of Miller long term.

6'8 CG with ball skills to run the point. Ranked top 15 nationally. He's definitely a better prospect than Miller. That doesn't mean he will be better though. FWIW, I also have Steward ahead of Miller long term.

OK, let's get him too. I think Miller will be a fantastic college player.

PJD86

Texas
I think Miller has the highest floor and lowest ceiling of all 3. I admit Steward's potential fascinates me. Not a great athlete, but strong, broad shoulders, long arms, great ball skills. He's a smart kid who plays hard.

To me, steward is electric, he has that it factor. I really like him alot. I also like Miller, but Steward could end up a better player, and have more college years under his belt. We'll see

To me, steward is electric, he has that it factor. I really like him alot. I also like Miller, but Steward could end up a better player, and have more college years under his belt. We'll see
Naw I like dj. But it some things about adam that scream one and done potential and he have a college ready built. Wrlere dj need to add more weight

Something of note for Illinois. AJ Casey, in my opinion the best player in Illinois regardless of class, is transferring from Simeon to Tinley Park. That's a good thing for Illinois as I don't see UI getting another Simeon player for a long time. The bad thing is that he's also on Meanstreets, or was last year.
Courier is it even possible for us to land aj Casey of he stay top 15 in the country

PJD86

Texas
Naw I like dj. But it some things about adam that scream one and done potential and he have a college ready built. Wrlere dj need to add more weight

I agree, Miller is a one and done DJ likely a 3 year type guy, lets get both :D

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Nobody's going to come out and say it, but humiliating Horton Tucker burned a lot of bridges and not just with Simeon. Chicago basketball is basically the Irvin's vs the field. Previous staffs chose the field. This staff chose the Irvin's. The problem is that the Irvin's are about the dirtiest outfit in Chicago, and that's obviously saying something. Hopefully MIF can continue to out-recruit the field and UI can profit.

THT wasn't humiliated by our staff, full stop. It was definitely a most unfortunate turn of events, and the staff does get some blame for believing they could finesse the situation. Sadly, they couldn't.

Q
Noboryw

Nobody's going to come out and say it, but humiliating Horton Tucker burned a lot of bridges and not just with Simeon. Chicago basketball is basically the Irvin's vs the field. Previous staffs chose the field. This staff chose the Irvin's. The problem is that the Irvin's are about the dirtiest outfit in Chicago, and that's obviously saying something. Hopefully MIF can continue to out-recruit the field and UI can profit.

Who’s dirty?

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-...ds-guilty-to-misdemeanor-theft-132067790/Amp/

PJD86

Texas
Have heard it's going to be Kansas. Kansas was the only other place he visited besides Arkansas.

His Dad said he was not going to transfer within the Big Ten out of respect for Iowa.

There is a rule supposedly that if he transferred inside the league hed have to pay his own way, not sure if true, hadnt fully graduated or something. Was an indirect quote from his dad so I may not have that exactly right but it was more than just out of respect FWIW

There is a rule supposedly that if he transferred inside the league hed have to pay his own way, not sure if true,

If that is true it seems pretty reprehensible of the B1G.

On the hadn’t fully graduated part, how could he be a grad transfer then?

PJD86

Texas
If that is true it seems pretty reprehensible of the B1G.

On the hadn’t fully graduated part, how could he be a grad transfer then?

Thats exactly what I said, the whole thing was weird, probably BS

Status
Not open for further replies.