Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
I see 247 has a CB for Marquise Walker to Illinois. Does anyone have any additional info?

jmilt7

Waukegan
I see 247 has a CB for Marquise Walker to Illinois. Does anyone have any additional info?
Not really, but in a Busting Brackets article recently about BBV by Daniel Benjamin he said, “Illinois has one scholarship remaining and they are favored to land three star point guard Marquise Walker if they decide to use it on another guard.”
I posted a link to an article about Marquise Walker and his abusive father a while back. I always thought it would be kind of cool if Illinois took him but didn’t really think it would happen. Seems like he needs a break in life and maybe he would be highly motivated and he is not the worst guard we could take.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/06...ois-adds-benjamin-bosmans-verdonk-2019-class/

Last edited:

illini80

Forgottonia
Nothing other than his offer list was pretty much DePaul and us. Maybe IL Chicago too. Always good to have a backup pg, tho I know little about him.

I would think that one way or the other, the last schollie is being reserved for the 'just in case' Patterson moves up into 2019 and they believe they are still in the game.

I think Ayo's performance this year could sway Miller one way or another. Both guards, played together in HS, NBA aspirations. If Miller sees Ayo excelling here and rising up the draft board he'll know he can get where he wants to go with us and not just the likes of KU, Louisville, etc which it looks like are high on his list as well

Deleted member 643761

D
I think Ayo's performance this year could sway Miller one way or another. Both guards, played together in HS, NBA aspirations. If Miller sees Ayo excelling here and rising up the draft board he'll know he can get where he wants to go with us and not just the likes of KU, Louisville, etc which it looks like are high on his list as well

That would require Miller to not sign in the fall. Possible of course, but the first signing date is essentially after a game or two.

I love the international route.

What I do not like is the recruiting via a portal and now, dare I say, YouTube. Not to talk about the late reeling ins.
I agree but we are where we are. The coaching staff is going to have to do some less than ideal things here.

Deleted member 643761

D
Who said we were recruiting via YouTube?
Well if all of our information is coming from YouTube, isn't it safe to assume that all the staff's info is coming from there too? What makes you think they might have other avenues to evaluate players?

Well if all of our information is coming from YouTube, isn't it safe to assume that all the staff's info is coming from there too? What makes you think they might have other avenues to evaluate players?

Are you serious? What makes you think they don't? I would be stunned if YouTube makes up even 5% of their scouting. Contacts, full game tapes and in person scouting would make up the rest.

sacraig

The desert

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I believe that rule is passed'. (The rule mentioned that said if you transfer inside the B1G you have to pay your own way.)

Deleted member 236589

D
As long as the coaching staff can pull talent from the east coast and Europe, eff Chicago. Build the program and things will change.
Not to throw ice cubes on your flame, but it should probably be mentioned that our best player, a probable lottery pick and the key to our entire season is from Chicago.

We kinda need to continue to get more of those guys and not flip the bird to the area that provides them.

sacraig

The desert
Seems to have worked with Marquise.

While I do appreciate that he apparently has an appreciation for Dee, what does this have to do with recruiting him? Maybe the sound was just bad in the video. I had to turn my speakers all the way up and still couldn't hear much.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
We kinda need to continue to get more of those guys and not flip the bird to the area that provides them.

We're flippin' the bird to Chicago?

What exactly would you have done if confronted with the binary choice of Ayo or THT?

Status
Not open for further replies.