Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
The article also claims his mother is living in Vegas. Perhaps she’s looking to move?
Yeah, I thought I saw where he was from Henderson, NV (right next to Vegas). At any rate, I like the kid's potential and he flashed some pretty good stats over his 27 minutes/game last season in a P5 conference. Maybe we finally get our Tillman? LOL

Yup last of OV's until 8/1. Staff doesn't have a very good hit rate on OV's considering they are 1 commit for the last 13 OV's.
Good thing July has a lot of Dead Periods during the week. 8/1 can't come soon enough for hoops.

Utah with 6 transfers in the portal this year; looks like 2 have already left. Donnie would be 3rd. Institutional issues, that may result in immediate eligibility?

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Weird that a player who left for the draft would be willing to sit and then play 2 years. Especially when Tev-Giorgi-Kofi have the wing and big positions locked up.
I will give you Giorgi. I am guessing Kofi will get as much time as he can handle (fouls/conditioning/execution) and I would guess Tev is gonna have to fight for everything he gets.

Weird that a player who left for the draft would be willing to sit and then play 2 years. Especially when Tev-Giorgi-Kofi have the wing and big positions locked up.

Next season, or the following one? Either way, I'm assuming he sees an opportunity to start. It doesn't seem like his game overlaps with Giorgi's or Kofi's much, and I'm guessing as the reigning PAC10 6th man of the year as a Soph he isn't intimidated by the rest of our roster.

On paper he'd be a huge get.

Kofi
Giorgi
Tillman
Trent
Ayo (or his heir)

I bet that would be our starting lineup, but after first substitution we'd likely have 2 of Kofi, Giorgi, and Tillman in at a time.

Last edited:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I'm telling you, don't sleep on Tevian.

giphy.gif

Tacomallini

Washington State
Did Utah have a coaching change? Or was their a hostile environment? I’ll fly out there and call him a big fat doodoo head if that helps him say things are hostile.

Don’t try the ailing family member route, though, the NCAA doesnt give a rat’s fart about sick family members.
Utah is widely rumored to have a treadmill, if that helps...

2020 shooting guard D.J. Gordon updates recruitment

Gordon also listed Georgia Tech, Illinois, Providence, DePaul and VCU among those involved. He said he wants to visit Georgia Tech, Illinois, Pitt and VCU.

Illinois assistant Orlando Antigua was on hand.
“Illinois is almost like family,” Gordon said. “Coach Antigua went to college with my mom so my family got a nice connection with them.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/24/2020-shooting-guard-d-j-gordon-updates-recruitment/

Steward heads to Louisville for a Thursday visit after being in C/U on Wednesday.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Another scholarship offer. 2021 Brandon Weston, Morgan Park.

Brandon Weston

I believe that is three in a row all from Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.