Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give you Giorgi. I am guessing Kofi will get as much time as he can handle (fouls/conditioning/execution) and I would guess Tev is gonna have to fight for everything he gets.
I think Tev will have a huge improvement this season. He showed potential and just getting his feet wet and getting confidence will take his game up a notch. I like what he has to offer and think he will be a very key component this coming season.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Capture.JPG

This is what I have with the edits from the beginning of this thread. I'm assuming Foster's visit is an unofficial as I believe it's too early for a 2021 prospect to take an OV. So we should still have 2 left until August when we pick up 14 from the 2018 cycle.

Is there an NCAA rule that states the max # of "D.J.'s" any one team can have?

Is this one of those "we didn't ditch THT just for Ayo" things?

I hope??

As a non-insider, I'll make this observation: We're connected and have access, but the guys in that tier are going to be hard to get. Be glad we have a visit coming up. Don't forget that we've had a lot of guys show interest without committing, though.

"Lesmond is a 6-foot-6, 175-pound shooting guard from Evanston Township High School in Evanston, Illinois. He isn’t rated by recruiting sites but MaxPreps has him as the No. 96 player in the class of 2021 and the No. 6 player in the state of Illinois. That would make him a solid four-star recruit.

It has been a long journey for Lesmond. He started out playing in France and suited up for their U16 national team back in 2018. Lesmond finished the tournament averaging 6.3 points and 1.4 rebounds per game."

This kid rarely started for Evanston last year and transferred to Notre Dame this year. I don't get it. He's tall, can shoot the 3 but not particularly athletic or quick. I mean, he's a decent baller but I just don't see that fire. Pass

Last edited:
As a non-insider, I'll make this observation: We're connected and have access, but the guys in that tier are going to be hard to get. Be glad we have a visit coming up. Don't forget that we've had a lot of guys show interest without committing, though.

Just win baby...

View attachment 4579
This is what I have with the edits from the beginning of this thread. I'm assuming Foster's visit is an unofficial as I believe it's too early for a 2021 prospect to take an OV. So we should still have 2 left until August when we pick up 14 from the 2018 cycle.

Very well done. Thanks. Did Maurice Calloo make his OV on 4/13/2018?? Also, I think we determined that Jason Jitoboh never made it on 10/11/2018. And finally Dima Zdor was shown the door, right??

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Very well done. Thanks. Did Maurice Calloo make his OV on 4/13/2018?? Also, I think we determined that Jason Jitoboh never made it on 10/11/2018. And finally Dima Zdor was shown the door, right??
I don't think Calloo ever came.

Deleted member 29907

D
"Lesmond is a 6-foot-6, 175-pound shooting guard from Evanston Township High School in Evanston, Illinois. He isn’t rated by recruiting sites but MaxPreps has him as the No. 96 player in the class of 2021 and the No. 6 player in the state of Illinois. That would make him a solid four-star recruit.

It has been a long journey for Lesmond. He started out playing in France and suited up for their U16 national team back in 2018. Lesmond finished the tournament averaging 6.3 points and 1.4 rebounds per game."

This kid rarely started for Evanston last year and transferred to Notre Dame this year. I don't get it. He's tall, can shoot the 3 but not particularly athletic or quick. I mean, he's a decent baller but I just don't see that fire. Pass
Sounds like a Larry Bird to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.