Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

texillwek

🔶🔹🔸🔷
tenor.gif

Interest continues to rise for 2021 wing David Jones

After emerging at the FIBA u17 World Cup in 2018, David Jones has continued to build on his reputation, adding interest and scholarship offers from high major programs.

Jones averaged 24 points a game during his junior season at Scott Depot (W.V.) Teays Valley Christian. The stretch from December through February the 6-foot-6 perimeter scorer raised that to nearly 30 a game.

“On the offensive side of the ball he can just go get a bucket,” Teays Valley Christian coach Travis Tarr said. “He’s 6-6, long and extremely strong. Every college coach that we talk to, they know he can get to the basket, he can finish, and he shoots it extremely well out to 23 or 24 feet.”

“We have a zoom today with Louisville,” Tarr said. “Louisville, Illinois and Oregon have been the most consistent overall with day to day communication with him. All of them are all in those are the ones reaching out the most consistent.”

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/David-Jones-Louisville-Illinois-Oregon-147804072/

Wednesday's Leftovers: Michael Foster, Michigan St., UCLA, more

There has been some speculation regarding Michael Foster reclassifying into the 2020 class, but that never seemed to be too close to reality. Foster is young for his grade level, and even if he did reclassify he would have to spend at least two years in college before entering the NBA Draft due to age restrictions.

In the meantime, his recruitment has remained fluid. As with any top 10 prospect, Foster is hearing from the very best. Georgia has been perceived as the leader for several months, now which seems fairly accurate. The Bulldogs have already brought him to campus for an official visit, so they are definitely a heavy suitor, but also not the only team in play for Foster.

Instead, a number of programs have continued to pursue him, including Arkansas, Baylor, Florida State, Illinois, Kansas and Michigan. West Coast powers Arizona, UCLA and USC are also involved, but for now it doesn't appear that Foster is close to a commitment. However, do not count out Foster's option to turn pro, whether that means playing overseas in Europe or Australia or becoming a member of the new G League select team.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...eftovers-michael-foster-michigan-st-ucla-more

From what I was told kofis announcement was supposed to happen yesterday..
But with the madness going on in the states right now all the players minds are focused on current affairs..
I wouldnt be shocked if he waits for this madness to subside.. and I also wouldn't be shocked if his announcement comes today or tomorrow..
Either way kofi is back..

From what I was told kofis announcement was supposed to happen yesterday..
But with the madness going on in the states right now all the players minds are focused on current affairs..
I wouldnt be shocked if he waits for this madness to subside.. and I also wouldn't be shocked if his announcement comes today or tomorrow..
Either way kofi is back..
Thanks for sharing. I have no reason to doubt that it'll happen but I'll just feel better when it is official.

Wednesday's Leftovers: Michael Foster, Michigan St., UCLA, more

There has been some speculation regarding Michael Foster reclassifying into the 2020 class, but that never seemed to be too close to reality. Foster is young for his grade level, and even if he did reclassify he would have to spend at least two years in college before entering the NBA Draft due to age restrictions.

In the meantime, his recruitment has remained fluid. As with any top 10 prospect, Foster is hearing from the very best. Georgia has been perceived as the leader for several months, now which seems fairly accurate. The Bulldogs have already brought him to campus for an official visit, so they are definitely a heavy suitor, but also not the only team in play for Foster.

Instead, a number of programs have continued to pursue him, including Arkansas, Baylor, Florida State, Illinois, Kansas and Michigan. West Coast powers Arizona, UCLA and USC are also involved, but for now it doesn't appear that Foster is close to a commitment. However, do not count out Foster's option to turn pro, whether that means playing overseas in Europe or Australia or becoming a member of the new G League select team.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...eftovers-michael-foster-michigan-st-ucla-more
Count me among those counting out the G League or overseas.

The Michael Foster Blog: Elite Runs, Training, Zoom Calls With Coaches and More

What’s going on world, Michael Foster here coming at you with another blog for Sports Illustrated!

Things have been pretty good for me lately; for about the third week we’ve had some elite runs here in my hometown with college guys, overseas pros and high school guys.

Jalen Johnson and David Joplin have been here and Jalen Suggs and Chet Holmgren and those guys are gonna come down in the next couple of weeks.

Should be more good runs!

I’ve had a couple of Zoom calls here lately.

The one with Illinois went really well. I had one with Michigan that went well and Arkansas, Baylor, Florida State and Georgia too!

https://www.si.com/college/recruiti...eorge-floyd-hillcrest-prep-forward-blogs-2021

Rivals also updated 2022. UIHoopsRecruits did the same for this class

UIHoopsRecruits@UIHoopsRecruits ·49m
7. Amari Bailey
21. AJ Casey
40. Tre White
49. Prince Aligbe
64. Rodney Rice
146. Jaden Schutt

Geez...maybe it's easier to list who in the top 100 is NOT being recruited! I'm thrilled that we are aiming high and there's a different confidence I feel these days vs. when JFG was at the helm and we'd see him going for top 30 kids with no avail. Nice..I can't wait till we get more news and activity around recruiting, but this list is exciting to see and to follow how it will shake out!

Status
Not open for further replies.