Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6-11 205 lbs.
That would have to be the lightest center in the BIG. Might need a couple seasons with Fletch.
Shows nice range on the jumper, could be the tallest 4 in the big...but it isn’t uncommon for tall freshman to be sticks.

Back quite awhile ago Lou Henson recruited a very skinny, front-court player who turned out O.K. I think it was around '81 when a freshman named Anthony Welch showed up on campus at something like 6'9" and about 170. That was one skinny ball player.

Is this a last minute flyer trying to fill Kofi's spot if he's gone? A sign that Hamlin is leaving? Or do we just have an extra scholarship? If both Ayo and Kofi we're back we'd be full right? I know conventional wisdom has Ayo most likely gone, but offers like this seem like a stronger confirmation.

Is this a last minute flyer trying to fill Kofi's spot if he's gone? A sign that Hamlin is leaving? Or do we just have an extra scholarship? If both Ayo and Kofi we're back we'd be full right? I know conventional wisdom has Ayo most likely gone, but offers like this seem like a stronger confirmation.
We have 3 open spots if Ayo and Kofi leave. So even if they both come back we have a scholarship to give.

Was Tisdale lighter than Nick Smith?
Not sure, I thought of him as well and the first reference said 7’ 2” - 250, but I think that was leaving. Maybe a roster would list weight, I’m sure it is out there somewhere.

Not sure, I thought of him as well and the first reference said 7’ 2” - 250, but I think that was leaving. Maybe a roster would list weight, I’m sure it is out there somewhere.
He was listed at 240 as a frosh on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.