Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-ILL

Working From Home
Ic

Ice, Ice Baby,...so I was at westside tap which my softball buds and I coded for Bullet...and I ran into a player I had seen play with Anthony...I asked how the park district squad was doing and he said no team...so I asked him to play with us...he asked if his roomate Anthony Welch could play...duh...gee whiz...ok...One championship later and ...boom many more stories from that season and a few free dances to boot. Win, win, win on the chin. Ice's roomate played at Southeast Misssouri, point guard from div 2, Todd Anderson from Bradley so like loaded like the teams I used to play AGAINST. But Anthony was teacher prepping so he didn't always make start time...but when he showed up...the air went out of room as in game over...great guy. Still owe him a coat. haha...sorry...for the book...not sorry ...I...L...L... next chapter Derek Harper's dad lol.

tenor.gif

I have a good feeling about Mac. Big. 50ish ranking. NYC ties. Seems just the type of recruit Antgua has reeled in the last 2-3 years.

If somehow can get Mac, I think we are sitting very nicely. Mac seems to have a little Joakim Noah game to his game. We seem to be getting very skilled players offensively and might need some grit/defensive energy/athleticism. Mac if somehow we got him, would add that. We should have some shooters now for sure

Shooters
Miller (skilled and athletic)
Goode (skilled too)
Hawkins (skilled too)
Lieb (skilled, but skinny)

Playmaker (Curbelo)

Defense/Athleticism if add him (Mac)
Miller

We are reversing by adding shooters/spacing which is what Brad has wanted. Just need to add an athletic wing and a backup combo/pg. I feel like we are trending to those Michigan Beilein type teams with playmaking point guard and ball spacing shooting players.

If somehow can get Mac, I think we are sitting very nicely. Mac seems to have a little Joakim Noah game to his game. We seem to be getting very skilled players offensively and might need some grit/defensive energy/athleticism. Mac if somehow we got him, would add that. We should have some shooters now for sure

Shooters
Miller (skilled and athletic)
Goode (skilled too)
Hawkins (skilled too)
Lieb (skilled, but skinny)

Playmaker (Curbelo)

Defense/Athleticism if add him (Mac)
Miller

We are reversing by adding shooters/spacing which is what Brad has wanted. Just need to add an athletic wing and a backup combo/pg. I feel like we are trending to those Michigan Beilein type teams with playmaking point guard and ball spacing shooting players.

Jacob Grandison shot 31.7% from 3 on 120 attempts and 36.5% from 3 on 189 attempts in his 2 years at Holy Cross.
Austin Hutcherson shot 44.3% from 3 on 122 attempts and 39.2% on 166 attempts in his 2 years at Wesleyan.

Both of these guys should be good enough shooters to keep defenses honest and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them became a real outside threat.

I have a good feeling about Mac. Big. 50ish ranking. NYC ties. Seems just the type of recruit Antgua has reeled in the last 2-3 years.

Just crazy how fluid stuff is, if Sturdy's CB has legs, it is interesting. Just las week I heard it was down to Syracuse, UCLA, Illinois and Kansas as a distant 4th. Mac and David Jones would make the start of a great 2021 class.

Jacob Grandison shot 31.7% from 3 on 120 attempts and 36.5% from 3 on 189 attempts in his 2 years at Holy Cross.
Austin Hutcherson shot 44.3% from 3 on 122 attempts and 39.2% on 166 attempts in his 2 years at Wesleyan.

Both of these guys should be good enough shooters to keep defenses honest and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them became a real outside threat.

I agree but just meant newbies.

So that is who the rumors were about...that’s rough, he would be a phenomenal addition. I’m guessing he has eyes elsewhere? We would have another roster spot when/if Ayo leaves
I have not received a straight answer on that yet I don't know if it's because he was looking elsewhere or he decided he wants to stay in high school for another year I'm not sure But yes to answer your question the rumor or the rumble as I said was about him coming to Illinois I haven't gotten a straight answer on what's happening I will let you guys know as soon as I do

My decoder machine must be broken because I am lost when I am normally able to decipher..

Someone throw me a bone(name)

Status
Not open for further replies.