Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see that every year. They usually get the winner right, but after that it can get pretty ridiculous. How does Bruninga make 27 ballots but Verge only 15, Gilyard and Williamson only 13, Ayo 7? O'Brien and Henricksen were joking about the Mr. Basketball voting just last week, trying to guess where guys would end up. You just have to realize it's not coaches but sportswriters doing the voting. And sports writers generally only see a small area of players over the year.

They need to give you a ballot.:thumb:

You may not be a Smith fan but the Rest of the state thinks he's pretty good....

He might not be a game changer for the Illini but where ever he lands... He's going to help some program next season.......

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...rea-beal-is-ms-basketball-20170321-story.html

Not sure how "love him" gets translated into "you may not be a Smith fan" but I just think we need to tap the brakes when mentioning him with Tilmon as program changing. Nobody would be happier than George though if I'm wrong.

Not sure how "love him" gets translated into "you may not be a Smith fan" but I just think we need to tap the brakes when mentioning him with Tilmon as program changing. Nobody would be happier than George though if I'm wrong.

Depends on your definition of program changing I guess. If someone meant 'changing it to a program that makes the tourney multiple years in a row' I would say it's accurate.

Someone just posted this on another board. I'm starting to get scared. Of course it couldn't be this easy right?

Same guy said Frazier was gone if Groce got fired so....

"Jus tellin ya what I know"

Trakis

Chicago, IL
Don't make takes like that without a source.

C'mon guys. I had a good day today.

Maybe HC can tell us if there are any legs to the NCAA looking at the Mizzou tampering allegations

blackdog

Champaign
Definitive statements with no evidence generate lots of buzz, and don't get us anywhere but scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.