Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are actually suggesting trice and black be on the court together at the 4 and 5?
Do we want to continue our lack of stopping interior scoring and defensive rebounding?

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
blocks.gif

3... 4... 5... who cares?

That gif is amazing. Positionless basketball!

Why would Trice come here if Black stays? It makes no sense from his standpoint either.

Illinois under any and all circumstances, makes 100% sense to any JUCO player if they want to advance career or even status.

Illinois could be many other schools as well FYI, no Juco will turn down a P-5 offer to leave Juco to play! Just depends how many offers and from whom they have them?

Black will not be a deterrent imo, gone in a year then Trice makes the same kind of jump being the new 6-7" stud on the team?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
LOL at Tate describing Adam Miller as "small." I have watched Adam Miller play multiple times and "small" is far from an adjective I would use to describe him and his game.

2 of my brothers saw Miller play and they came away thoroughly impressed (MP v Fenwick @ Glenbard East, FWIW). Both think he's headed for the League.

We need several big men , I would love to have Trice, any idea that if Black stays we don't need Trice makes no sense to me

2 of my brothers saw Miller play and they came away thoroughly impressed (MP v Fenwick @ Glenbard East, FWIW). Both think he's headed for the League.

I have watched Miller play since he was at Peoria and IMO is the best prospect in the state independent of class.

We need several big men , I would love to have Trice, any idea that if Black stays we don't need Trice makes no sense to me

To me it is all about priorities and scholarships available. I would take Kane first because of his size and potential. Probably take Walker ahead of Trice because of size and level of competition. Fortunately not my choice and BU just may have his own priorities and sense of who he can get.

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Anyone else thing as much as Trice has been here and that Underwood has visited that we're just waiting to see if Leron goes before we accept his commitment? Trice is not going to be able to guard 7'1" guys in the Big Ten. That's a half a foot difference. That's like putting a 6' guard on a 6'6" wing. It'll be the same thing as this year, him picking up bad fouls because there's literally no way to guard that height difference down low.

There are certainly guys that he wouldn't be able to defend, just like there are guys that no one currently on our team could defend. He plays bigger than anyone currently on our team. An elite rebounder. Has some length and is a good athlete.

If he was a perfect fit, I think we would have accepted his commitment already.

He has not demonstrated the skills necessary to play the 4 in BU's offense (wing skills), but Black had not really shown that ability before this year either.

I agree that he is more likely to fit if Black does not return, but Black played many minutes at the 5 this year and even Kipper did. Trice is certainly an upgrade to either at the 5 from a defense and rebounding perspective.

Illinidreamin

Paris, IL.
So I just watched a video of Tavion Jones..Anyway does he not remind anyone of Kendall Gill in the body makeup, movement and features?? I literally thought man Kendall part 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Zuppke says Illinois fans should be at Ubben Saturday at 10. Time to show that Ayo & THT love to this weekend's visitors

Thanks!! Somebody, anybody has got to be there to see Jones' workout. Also will give one a chance to see some of the existing team.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
I have watched Miller play since he was at Peoria and IMO is the best prospect in the state independent of class.

Agree. We will be battling the big boys for Miller's services, unless the NBA decides they one year rule is stupid and not needed. In that case, he may jump right to the Show.

As for Black and Trice on the court at the same time, why not as the 3 and 4? Against a bigger lineup, Black can pull his defender out or have the open three. Against a smaller lineup, he could post up his man. Not for long lengths of the game, but it could work here and there, especially if Leron's three point shot continues to improve.

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Miller has a rare explosiveness and quick twitch the really great players possess. I’m not saying he’s Derrick Rose, but his quickness with the ball reminds me of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.