Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, bad free throw shooting reminds me of Shawn Pruitt and Brian Randle. I've been in favor of Trice, but its tough to have guys you can't play down the stretch.

The issue with Trice is his free throw shooting. I watched him last night and he missed all of his free throws.

However, the dude is rebounding machine and a monster when dunking. He had one last night that was flat out amazing.
Aside from rebounding and *hopefully* interior D, Trice would help us most in transition. In Izzo’s own words, we are bad in transition. Getting steals/turnovers is great, but boy we struggled to convert. Trice and Ayo should really help with that.

ratdawg
Harrisburg Ilinois
Oh boy, bad free throw shooting reminds me of Shawn Pruitt and Brian Randle. I've been in favor of Trice, but its tough to have guys you can't play down the stretch.
after the last few years.. I'd give my left foot for Pruitt and Randle era players

Panama City, Florida
Ebo's FT% says hello. Hopefully that is an aspect that he works on this offseason.

Most players can improve. It is a mental thing. Uncontested 15 foot shot with 15 seconds to shoot. We can all name a lot who didn't, but it is small compared to the many who did improve. Trice has the Battle aggressiveness, full bore switch is on, that very few seem to have turned on. It isn't something coaches can really do, the player has to turn it on. I think that is what Underwood sees. He wasn't successful at SFA by getting 5 stars, he was successful by getting players who went full bore, speeding up the game, and getting turnovers, and high pct. transition baskets. Trice fits.
Gotta use that backboard! 90% guaranteed. :)

Agree he might be. But what about the star counters, and the boyz who look at who offered who? There is no way this could have possibly happened with offers from Duke, Kansas, Oregon, UCLA, for Anthony. Let alone Moses Brown being a McD AA. No way our insiders might be full of it.
I’m getting a little bit excited about this kid. Gamer!

Just remember - all good prognostications are false, bad ones are true. Do this repeatedly and eventually you will be anti-nutpunched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.