Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,651      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Some good info on Hinson. We have almost a perfect situation for him. He'd clearly be a VG pickup. Hinson & Jones would be great! Hinson, Jones and Ramey (not giving up) would be unreal!

#1,652      
Per ESPN, Hinson has the same scout grade as Landers Nolley (83). For reference, Tevian Jones as an 80 scout grade. Not sure if the reclassification warrants an adjusted scout grade or not.
Ayo is an 89. Alan Griffin is a 75.

Last edited:
#1,654      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Incorrect. We started off with 3 rides before Mark Smith and Leron left. We now 2 more rides to give and I think the consensus is that we may have at least 1-2 more transfers.

I stand corrected. Can't believe I lost Smith in all the drama. I agree with the assertion we will have at least 1-2 more transfers, which was actually my original point. There are so many moving parts that I find it easier mentally to remember who will be here versus who we started with.

Last edited:
#1,655      
Some good info on Hinson. We have almost a perfect situation for him. He'd clearly be a VG pickup. Hinson & Jones would be great! Hinson, Jones and Ramey (not giving up) would be unreal!

If we can just get Hinson and Jones, I'm turning handsprings.....well, figuratively anyway.:cool:

#1,656      

foby

Bonnaroo Land

I'm with you. Pass the Koolaid.

#1,658      
Yeah, Seton Hall has been more competitive than us of late but still lacks the name recognition.. Washington State doesn't scare me at all, but then again who thought that Iowa State would turn into a recruiting power house in Chicago...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Besides THT, they got two guys outside the top 100, maybe top 150, one of whom was a legacy, so recruiting power is a bit strong.

#1,659      

Xfactr

Lake Forest, IL
Lou Hinson's Grandson? That would be awesome to get family back together.

#1,663      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I can't find any sort of ranking for Hinson as a bball player, only as a football TE. Is the Goodwin comparison legit? I do like me some dual sport athletes (see Brown, Dee, and Rice, Rayvonte).

#1,668      

PJD86

Texas
Most of the Smith speculation initially was SLU and Butler

#1,670      
Hinson appears to have a 247 CB from Alec Kinsky today. BU does for coaching fathers more than Groce did for mothers.

#1,672      

bel96

Indiana
landing Hinson would be incredible please let this happen

#1,673      
Gotta like the Illinois pics on his twitter page...

And wow on those highlights...

#1,674      

Deleted member 631370

D
Mizzou hopefully

Haha.

On the one hand, if he keeps playing the way he played this past year, sure.....go to Mizzou.

On the other, I still think he has potential to become a fairly good player. And the idea of him developing into a good player at Mizzou would give Cuonzo even that much more ammunition in Metro East recruiting battles down the road.

I hope he goes the mid-major route and has a lot of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.