Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
I’m sure it was tough for Mark seeing TF have so much success this year. Realizing that he will be playing second fiddle at the very best moving forward may be tough for him to accept. However, Roy hasn’t exactly been Mr. Reliable in the past so we’ll see what happens.

I mean. The staff has offered every guard in the country and people are shocked at Mark leaving? He may be alright elsewhere. Didn’t work here. And that’s ok. Thiiiisssss is Illinois Baskwtballlll

haasi

New York
I generally assume all bad news is true and all good news is false. So far working out well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much for being a 1,000 point scorer at Illinois. I hope this is the only surprise transfer.

I hope Mark Smith stays an Illini and this isn't true. I understand he had a rough season and is disappointed. I hope he sleeps on it and realizes he can overcome it and we are behind and believe he will do better. I personally think his issues are in part do to his mindset. I know he can do well with more experience

haasi

New York
This sucks. He will be good eventually, even if the game moved a bit too fast for him this year. I think if he has a sit out year, he could be very good as a red shirt sophomore.

I wonder what did it. I assume some of playing second fiddle to TF, some of seeing Ayo come in, being disappointed with how this year went, and having his doubts about he fits in BU's system. I see it, but I do think if he hung on, the light would come on and he would be a big time contributor. Alas.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Woah... Really was hoping this whole Mark Smith transfer was just a rumor but it appears it is not according to Roy Schmidt.

Could the reason we took Alan Griffin be because of this?

Roy Schmidt
‏@prepbullseye

"HOLY ILLINIWEK!! I can confirm thru a most reliable source that Mark Smith is transferring from the University Of Illinois--done deal. He will be meeting with AD Josh Whitman tomorrow. UNBELIEVABLE!"

If true, would be really bummed. What a difference a year makes.

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
DEFCON 1, my friends. We're about to find out who among us is committed to Illinois basketball no matter what. :(

This brings a whole new meaning to the guy who posted that Smith would be one and done.

haasi

New York
DEFCON 1, my friends. We're about to find out who among us is committed to Illinois basketball no matter what. :(

Scandal where team banned from NCAA tourney for 10 years and all past wins vacated?

Nuclear strike by Kim Jung Un on SFC? Can’t wait to see what catastrophe is about to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark had a ton of baseball success at an early age. Forced to switch to basketball, had a ton of success. This year was the first time he went through something like this.

I've been worried about this one all season long. Hopefully after meeting with JW he has a change of heart, would really hate to see him go.

Unfortunately, Chris Yates post seems very ominous beyond MS.

What do you mean beyond MS?

This is terrible news. IMHO.

Hopefully I just read to much into Yates post, just seemed like it could go beyond MS. Sure hope not! Really hope Whitman can convince Mark to stay! With that said, all I know is the same speculation anyone else reads on here.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Rumor has it that Black is moving on. Others too, but Black is the ball buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.