Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a few hours ago per his coach.

Just shows the talent level, just got here and starting already...:D

Hope we get him and Jones on the court with Ayo, role play it and get some commitments!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Oh boy, bad free throw shooting reminds me of Shawn Pruitt and Brian Randle. I've been in favor of Trice, but its tough to have guys you can't play down the stretch.

Ebo's FT% says hello. Hopefully that is an aspect that he works on this offseason.

Most players can improve. It is a mental thing. Uncontested 15 foot shot with 15 seconds to shoot. We can all name a lot who didn't, but it is small compared to the many who did improve. Trice has the Battle aggressiveness, full bore switch is on, that very few seem to have turned on. It isn't something coaches can really do, the player has to turn it on. I think that is what Underwood sees. He wasn't successful at SFA by getting 5 stars, he was successful by getting players who went full bore, speeding up the game, and getting turnovers, and high pct. transition baskets. Trice fits.

Gotta use that backboard! 90% guaranteed. :)

Playing in the Big 10, we could sure use a guy like Trice that can throw his weigh around. You could use more than one player like that.

Dan

Admin
. @step_basketball defeated Molloy in a high-level @CHSAA_NYC Semi-final 88-84
Stepinac,
Alan Griffin (Illinois) 31 pts, 8 rebs
R.J.Davis’20 33 pts & 4 assists
A.J.Griffin’21 17 pts & 9 rebs
Molloy,
Cole Anthony’19 26 pts, 10 rebs
Khalid Moore (GT) 27
Moses Brown (UCLA) 23 & 10
https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/971952198698655744

Agree he might be. But what about the star counters, and the boyz who look at who offered who? There is no way this could have possibly happened with offers from Duke, Kansas, Oregon, UCLA, for Anthony. Let alone Moses Brown being a McD AA. No way our insiders might be full of it.

I’m getting a little bit excited about this kid. Gamer!

haasi

New York
Just remember - all good prognostications are false, bad ones are true. Do this repeatedly and eventually you will be anti-nutpunched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it seems alot of people here can't read at all. I see trice would of committed already idk 500 plus times

HE HASN'T COMMITTED BECAUSE HE HAS SAID HE WONT COMMIT ANYWHERE TILL APRIL 11TH HIS GPA BIRTHDAY

sometimes i feel some of you type just to type

Deleted member 29907

D
Man it seems alot of people here can't read at all. I see trice would of committed already idk 500 plus times

HE HASN'T COMMITTED BECAUSE HE HAS SAID HE WONT COMMIT ANYWHERE TILL APRIL 11TH HIS GPA BIRTHDAY

sometimes i feel some of you type just to type

So I am confused, is it THIS APRIL 11TH or next year? And which GPA are we talking about? MATERNAL or PATERNAL? Its these types of open issues that keep alot of us from being able to read good...

Deleted member 631370

D
This Griffin guy may pan out.

I think kids like Griffin and Tevian Jones are great fits for Underwood's offense. Good length and can really shoot it.

Michigan is a great example of a school that thrives off of those lengthy perimeter guys. Some of them in the top-150 (Stauskas, Jordan Poole), but several of them not (Rakhman, Caris Lavert, Tim Hardaway Jr., etc.). Obviously not comparing Griffin to any of them, but Beilein makes a living off of those types of wings. They present matchup problems, and really extend the defense.

Adding Jones would help us quite a bit, but I like what Griffin can bring.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
. @step_basketball defeated Molloy in a high-level @CHSAA_NYC Semi-final 88-84
Stepinac,
Alan Griffin (Illinois) 31 pts, 8 rebs
R.J.Davis’20 33 pts & 4 assists
A.J.Griffin’21 17 pts & 9 rebs
Molloy,
Cole Anthony’19 26 pts, 10 rebs
Khalid Moore (GT) 27
Moses Brown (UCLA) 23 & 10
https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/971952198698655744

Very impressive performance against top flight opposition, I'm starting to get very excited about this commit. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.