Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the rumor that Griffin's younger sister, Aubrey, is considering UIUC?? She's currently a Junior and supposedly a suoerstar. Anybody??

Pretty sure he just says "I want to score in the first 7 seconds....IF POSSIBLE... then run offense until we get a good shot." That is just to emphasize transition and catching defense off guard.
It was highlighted aignificantly during preseason an but rarely discussed during season before/after games. Dont think it really is a focus area....but sounds cool during offseason media talk.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

What are the odds that E.J. Liddell wins Mr. Basketball as a junior? He was awarded the Gatorade POY for Illinois last night. The only person to win Illinois Mr. Basketball as a junior: Jabari Parker.

It's the same with banking free throws.

I am PE teacher. I actually attempted to bank in my free throws the other day! Made the 1st one. Then missed about 7 or 8. I should add that I am not a shooter whatsoever!

After watching those highlights I have a few concerns to help temper expectations for Griffin.

I would agree with tempered expectations. He's got good length, hits the 3, and seems to play at a high pace. However, he looks like he has a lot of room for improvement.

I like the pickup because he looks like a good fit overall. I think he's got a ways to go before he's BIG caliber starter. Good chance to see what Underwood can do as a coach.

Didn't see that anyone pointed out, but 2 more 247's for us for Tevian this morning. Chris Fisher & Jerry Meyer. I know. I know. Grain of salt. FWIW.

Doc I

Warrenville, IL
Welcome to the Illini family Samba!

Maybe Black can now move out to the four spot and not have to counted on so much to guard the bigs in the post.:thumb:

OH WOW Kane just committed we have our rim protector!!!!!:chief::congrats:

Now we need to get Mr. Jones committed this weekend and convince Leron to come back and we can compete once again. Great start to the weekend. Welcome Samba!!

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Some of the info I see on Samba lists him as class of 19. Bad info or did that change?

Status
Not open for further replies.