Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,102      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
While we wait for TJ reports...

Mark Fox out at Georgia. They have top-100ish 6'9" PF Amanze Ngumezi that we offered last summer.

#1,103      
While we wait for TJ reports...

Mark Fox out at Georgia. They have top-100ish 6'9" PF Amanze Ngumezi that we offered last summer.

If we lose a transfer still would want another big. Going to need recruits with long term view. BU offense/defense is a team concept that requires a year to learn. It is a beautiful offense, but one year players are not going to master it.

#1,104      
If we lose a transfer still would want another big. Going to need recruits with long term view. BU offense/defense is a team concept that requires a year to learn. It is a beautiful offense, but one year players are not going to master it.
Can someone offer a Kaizen for BU to cut this system learning time down to a few months..,.geesh.

#1,106      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
Is Indiana out of scholarships? If not, is it safe to assume Cunningham would follow Archie there?

#1,107      
Can Anybody report out? Impressions of Tevian? Was he excited? Was Ayo there? Etc etc

Tevian Jones looks great overall and a definite must-get. Larger turnout compared to crowd with THT (Talen Horton Tucker) visit. Chant and cheer also more organized than visit with THT last year. Nice turn-out- approx 350-400 would be my guess. Tevian is athletic, fluid, and a good shooter. Went through structured workout with managers on floor. Tevian acknowledged crowd at end of session and can tell that he appreciated the fan support.

I did not see Ayo during this session.

#1,108      
Would love to have Walker to replace Black. Believe his size would be improvement over Black defensively. If you play him with Ebo defense is much improved. Add Kane and Finke and you have a lot of flexibility. Kipper (and hopefully Jones) defending the 3 with Ayo's length and Trents quickness at the guards and it will be a much improved defensive team. Really not worried about the scoring with experience gained from past year even if integrating new faces. Having two experienced PG's in Trent and TeJon is a huge plus.

#1,110      

Deleted member 4960

D
It's not apples to apples. Weber took over while the program was at a all time high. We were far from that when BU took over. If the next few years go like Weber's did BU will hear all the complaints.

Right now I'd take every other year in the tournament.

#1,114      

bel96

Indiana
Ked Prince says Tevian's growth plates are still open! :thumb:

#1,116      
Ollie out at UConn, so Kisunas may ask out of LOI. But has that ship sailed.

Seems like BU has some thinking to do. Do you pull the trigger on people like Trice, Walker, etc. who might be available to commit sooner or do you wait for potentially different roster-filling prospects to emerge. As there seems a lot that can happen in the next few months.

#1,118      
Ollie out at UConn, so Kisunas may ask out of LOI. But has that ship sailed.

Seems like BU has some thinking to do. Do you pull the trigger on people like Trice, Walker, etc. who might be available to commit sooner or do you wait for potentially different roster-filling prospects to emerge. As there seems a lot that can happen in the next few months.

I would wait to pull trigger on Trice or Walker. Still don't know who is staying on your team let slonw which players transfer or recruits are allowed to back out.

#1,119      
I really hope Leron stays for his Sr year and we add Jones. If feel our team could surprise people with our additions. Ebo has not played basketball long and I hope he gets stronger, works his tail off and improves his skill set. There is something to be said though about best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores. Then next year add Okoro.

#1,120      
Happy to have Samba Kane on board! A legit big man for the Big Ten, it may take a few years... though I think everything Eboigbodin did this year, he can do next if that's what is needed. Would like to see another big man who could step in next year and compete in the paint, especially defensively.

#1,121      

Deleted member 3875

D
Can Anybody report out? Impressions of Tevian? Was he excited? Was Ayo there? Etc etc

Smooth jump shot, can jam it with ease, didn't have him do any ball handling drills. Pretty stoic during drills but big smile and wave when completed. No Ayo that I saw.

#1,122      
There isn’t any trigger pulling with Trice until April 11th; the day he announces. I read somewhere that Walker may not be reciprocating the interest that we have.

Did the coaching staff express interest in Walker? Had seen some writing here or there, but had not seen anything via coaches.

Am sure am in the minority. But with Walkers previous injuries, would far rather have Austin Trice along with Jones.

#1,125      

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Good that they are in for Ramey.....
Assume Jones is hanging out with the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.