Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,753      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Ayo and Ramey will be on the same team for the Iverson Classic this year. Could bode well for us.

WhichBackAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

#1,754      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Ayo and Ramey will be on the same team for the Iverson Classic this year. Could bode well for us.

And they're teammates with Landers Nolley. No real point here, just sayin'.

#1,755      
Dang. Was hoping Tejon was going to stay. Love how he runs the team and finishes at the rim. Just wish he could shoot (field goals and free throws).

Tejon was rocking Illini gear on a Snapchat the other day, not sure why you would wear illini gear if you are upset and plan on leaving but hey what do I know

#1,758      
Tejon was rocking Illini gear on a Snapchat the other day, not sure why you would wear illini gear if you are upset and plan on leaving but hey what do I know

Just because a player transfers, it doesn't necessarily mean they are upset. It could be a matter of him not thinking he will be getting enough playing time with Trent and Ayo on the team.

#1,760      
Ah, Smith would flourish in a Creighton offense. In two or three years, we'll be posting about him saying "this is what could have been."

#1,761      
This should be interesting if Illinois is in as good of shape with Hinson as some are hinting they are. If that's the case, you'd think the staff would hold off on Georgi's commitment until they know Hinson's decision.

And yes, I think Illinois is out with Manuel (and likely wasn't ever really all that involved).
Take them both! I see Georgi putting on a few lbs and playing 4/5 and Hinson 4 and possibly a 3.

Last edited:
#1,765      

Deleted member 14522

D
Ah, Smith would flourish in a Creighton offense. In two or three years, we'll be posting about him saying "this is what could have been."

Smith had better do something offensively wherever he lands because he is one of the worst defenders at the college level I have ever seen. Kid also had 42 rebounds for an entire season, not good. He needs major work on his game. I watched Smith multiple times in high school and was thinking he would be a major contributor here but totally underestimated how bad he would be defensively. That is a part of his game that won't "fit" any system if he doesn't improve.

#1,768      

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
Did Liddell play for the Eagles or Brad Beal Elite? And what kind of talent will he be playing with? I know they had a great roster last year so wasn’t sure if they will be able to reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,770      
Lucas and Vesel are both transferring fwiw

If that is factual then why are they waiting to announce it? What's the purpose of waiting from thier perspective? I would think if they know that's what they are doing then they would announce it asap. The longer they wait others schollys are being filled in other landing spots. I could be wrong but if they know they are transferring then why wait to announce?

I imagine someone will transfer I just don't understand why they are waiting unless it's that they may stay if we don't land a someone that will likely take thier spot in the rotation.

#1,771      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
If that is factual then why are they waiting to announce it? What's the purpose of waiting from thier perspective? I would think if they know that's what they are doing then they would announce it asap. The longer they wait others schollys are being filled in other landing spots. I could be wrong but if they know they are transferring then why wait to announce?

It would seem they would announce if it were an absolute certainty. It appears maybe they are weighing their options.

#1,772      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Smith had better do something offensively wherever he lands because he is one of the worst defenders at the college level I have ever seen. Kid also had 42 rebounds for an entire season, not good. He needs major work on his game. I watched Smith multiple times in high school and was thinking he would be a major contributor here but totally underestimated how bad he would be defensively. That is a part of his game that won't "fit" any system if he doesn't improve.

I , also hope that MS does well in his next stop...I also agree that he was one of the worst defender's that I can remember....He is very tight in his hip movement and that usually meant he was a step behind in his reaction to defensive positioning....he always seemed to have a deer in the headlights look when he was in and didn't display the play of an experienced defender which ,IMHO , detracted from his offensive abilities....

In high school he could bull rush the rim and usually get his shot off with a foul called, but repeatedly got stuffed at the collegiate level...His confidence level shrank as the season progressed and instead of fighting thru it he decided to transfer out...

So be it...it's his choice....good luck....but he didnt
give me any hope that he would be a major contributor in the near future....

#1,775      

Deleted member 631370

D
That’s some next level speculation right there. I’ll ask this: What jersey was Shaun Livingston caught wearing when we were recruiting him? What does it say about me when I wear an Illinois shirt one day and a Harvard shirt the next?

In case you didn’t know, Shaun wore a Brian Cook jersey and I wore those shirts because they were clean and in my closet.

I have no clue if TJL is transferring or not, and I'll wait to hear it from an authoritative source.

But yeah.....him sporting Illini gear doesn't really mean much. I mean, he's currently attending the school, right? And has played two years for the Illini. I imagine that if he's looking to move on, it's not because he hates Illinois, but because he believes he'd be a better fit someplace else. These things aren't always personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.