Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,926      
That account is clearly fake. All of "her" tweets are about Tilmon or posting Illinois graphics to recruits, so definitely not a Mizzou alum.

It's just an Illini fan trolling Mizzou. A lot of that going on back and forth on Twitter.

#1,929      
Hinson looks like plan B for Illinois to a couple grad guys, but I'd be careful to not slow play him too much. It would be tough to lose out on him and the grad-transfers. If he wants to come here, you have to take him.

I'd be shocked if he is a plan B. He is a 4 star recruit. But I admittedly only know what is stated on this board.

#1,930      
Hinson looks like plan B for Illinois to a couple grad guys, but I'd be careful to not slow play him too much. It would be tough to lose out on him and the grad-transfers. If he wants to come here, you have to take him.

Highly doubt they are slow playing him. Will probably be able to add at least 3 more guys to this class if need be. Hinson, along with Jones (and I guess Ramey, but he's the kind of player you do what you need to to get on the team) are really the only impact HS guys left. You probably take either or. At this point I'm chalking one spot to a 5th year big. So it still is conceivable both could be added, though I doubt they'd like that.

#1,932      
Hinson looks like plan B for Illinois to a couple grad guys

giphy.gif

#1,933      
What if he decommitted because BU got involved?

Yeah IDK anything about him or his skill level. Don't know what level is right for him

I don't consider messiah a big 10 caliber player. On top of that, I think coach rob is still upset about whatever occurred during the tht/ayo/Illinois fiasco.

#1,935      

Deleted member 631370

D
Tilmon isn't going pro this season. MPJ is and Jontay may. Their roster looks pretty bad next year if Jontay leaves. I'd expect 16-18 wins for them.

If Jontay goes pro, man.......they will not be good next year.

Losing Robertson and Barnett will really hurt their backcourt. Even if they add Ramey, they don't have much talent or depth in the backcourt.

Tilmon will eventually become a pretty good big. He may even have a breakout year next year. But if both Porters leave, then there's not much talent to go along with Tilmon.

Cuonzo's problem is that he failed to parlay his big 2017 class into a dynamite season which then builds new momentum. And once momentum stalls and a hot new coach ceases winning, the wheels can come off if that coach isn't a particularly good developer of talent. We'll see how good Cuonzo really is.

#1,941      
Cuonzo's problem is that he failed to parlay his big 2017 class into a dynamite season which then builds new momentum. And once momentum stalls and a hot new coach ceases winning, the wheels can come off if that coach isn't a particularly good developer of talent. We'll see how good Cuonzo really is.

Considering that Michael Porter Jr. was injured and did not play, and that they had very limited scholarship players, Mizzou actually did well this year. Cuonzo has always been a good recruiter, that is unlikely to change.

#1,944      

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Is there even any chatter that Jordan Caroline wants to transfer?

#1,948      
I'm a Tevi kool-aid swiller, but I'm with you on Hinson in spirit. Go get that guy.

Get them both for sure.

But if we're gonna be great we're gonna do it the way WVU has, and they are just a non-stop conveyor belt of low 4*/high 3* long wing-ish guards with a competent jump shot and a bulldog mentality. You need one mistake eraser in the middle and those guys are your foot soldiers.

#1,950      
My 2 cents: THT is a flat out baller. Think he's going to be a dynamite college player. Wish he was playing for us. Think Mike the Elevator is still frosted over this. (Come back, Mike!)

I've always found it more than curious that, immediately upon THT weeping as he announced for ISU, that Mike the elevator was gone. Has anyone ever seen Mike and THT in the same room together? Hmmmm, makes you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.