Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,001      
Alan Griffin - 18pts 10rebs 3stls 1assist 1blk
His team wins 76-72 to advance!

Varsity Insider
Varsity Insider
@lohudinsider
·
1h
FINAL: Stepinac wins 76-72 over Long Island Lutheran and will play tomorrow night at 8 for the Federation title. Crusaders were down 72-70 with 8.3 seconds left. Wow.

#2,002      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
#2,004      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Loving Jones' timeline. Obviously, has time to take an OV or two, but think we're sitting well here.

#2,007      
@Champaign_Room: As Underwood continues to hit the recruiting trail, what kind of player does he want? https://www.thechampaignroom.com/20...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Not sure if this has been posted but it is a comparison of the recruits with players of the past. I think its accurate concerning the ayo vs tyreke Evans comparison. No saying ayo is selfish & goes for his like tyreke Evans but big smooth guard, not overly athletic. Ayo definitely uses his off hand to finish though..

#2,008      
Now that is a guy to keep an eye in. He fills a needs and he's already familiar with the school plus he still has a couple years to play.

Evan Daniels tweeted last night that Froling will turn pro instead of transferring.

#2,009      
How great would it feel to land a class with someone from every position?

PG- Ayo
SG- Griffin
SF- Jones
PF- Hinson/Giorgi
C- Kane

When was the last time we had that balance within a single class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,010      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
If April 11th is indeed Jones' timeline (I'd like to see another source confirm), it's interesting because of the Final Four dead period: March 29th through April 5th. That would mean Jones would need to take any other officials this weekend (which I haven't heard about) or the weekend of April 7th, right before his announcement.

#2,011      

haasi

New York

PG- Ayo
SG- Griffin
SF- Jones
PF- Hinson/Giorgi
C- Kane

Tate, Nunn, Hill, Colbert, Mav

#2,013      

Kramer116

Chicago

PG- Ayo
SG- Griffin
SF- Jones
PF- Hinson/Giorgi
C- Kane

Unfortunately it’s kind of pointless since we play positionless basketball

#2,014      

haasi

New York
Could have been a great class if Colbert was the player we thought he’d be.

Should be a general warning to those making prognostications

#2,015      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
If April 11th is indeed Jones' timeline (I'd like to see another source confirm), it's interesting because of the Final Four dead period: March 29th through April 5th. That would mean Jones would need to take any other officials this weekend (which I haven't heard about) or the weekend of April 7th, right before his announcement.

Even better. Good info, thanks. Yep, definitely want corroboration.

#2,016      

ratdawg

ratdawg
Harrisburg Ilinois

PG- Ayo
SG- Griffin
SF- Jones
PF- Hinson/Giorgi
C- Kane

so are we out on Trice? really like his physicality

#2,017      
@Champaign_Room: As Underwood continues to hit the recruiting trail, what kind of player does he want? https://www.thechampaignroom.com/20...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Not sure if this has been posted but it is a comparison of the recruits with players of the past. I think its accurate concerning the ayo vs tyreke Evans comparison. No saying ayo is selfish & goes for his like tyreke Evans but big smooth guard, not overly athletic. Ayo definitely uses his off hand to finish though..

I'm missing something as I've not seen him use his left hand even on layups.

#2,020      
Looks like Giorgi is bringing mom!

UIHoopsRecruits Retweeted
Adam Zagoria
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
10m
Class of 2018 @NYJayhawks and
@patrickschool F
Giorgi Bezhanishvili takes an official to Illinois Sunday-Tuesday. His mom is flying in from Austria for it.

#2,021      
so are we out on Trice? really like his physicality

I think the staff may be thinking Trice about the offer extended and looking at other options, which we will have to think Trice about once announced.:thumb:

#2,022      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Adam Zagoria
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
10m
@patrickschool F
Giorgi Bezhanishvili takes an official to Illinois Sunday-Tuesday. His mom is flying in from Austria for it.

That's pretty much a wrap. Not that it wasn't already.

#2,023      

whatahack

St. Peters MO

Adam Zagoria
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
10m
@patrickschool F

Wow...that has to be a good sign.

#2,024      

Adam Zagoria
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
10m
@patrickschool F
That's awesome! I will be very excited if we get his commitment tomorrow! I don't get why people aren't more excited about Kane and Georgi. People call Ebo athletic and he may be but Georgi looks even more so. He has good hand eye coordination, runs, jumps well, and dunks with ease. Plus he has a good skill set. Supposedly he can shoot from the perimeter and will only get stronger. I could care less about rankings for a player who from what I heard hasn't even been in the USA a year yet and played on a team full if star players. I agree whole heartily with our coaching staff on Georgis offer.

#2,025      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL

Dates aren't quite right. Dead periods are Mar 29, 2018-Apr 5, 2018; Apr 9, 2018-Apr 12, 2018. So April 6-8 is live.

It will be interesting to see if Ramey shows up prior to March 29. If not, I think we can cross him off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.