Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,027      

Deleted member 654622

D
That's awesome! I will be very excited if we get his commitment tomorrow! I don't get why people aren't more excited about Kane and Georgi. People call Ebo athletic and he may be but Georgi looks even more so. He has good hand eye coordination, runs, jumps well, and dunks with ease. Plus he has a good skill set. Supposedly he can shoot from the perimeter and will only get stronger. I could care less about rankings for a player who from what I heard hasn't even been in the USA a year yet and played on a team full if star players. I agree whole heartily with our coaching staff on Georgis offer.

I am just excited to get another commitment. 1 step closer to wrapping this freeking recruiting class up finally.

#2,028      

t7nich

Central IL
That's awesome! I will be very excited if we get his commitment tomorrow! I don't get why people aren't more excited about Kane and Georgi. People call Ebo athletic and he may be but Georgi looks even more so. He has good hand eye coordination, runs, jumps well, and dunks with ease. Plus he has a good skill set. Supposedly he can shoot from the perimeter and will only get stronger. I could care less about rankings for a player who from what I heard hasn't even been in the USA a year yet and played on a team full if star players. I agree whole heartily with our coaching staff on Georgis offer.

Giorgi doesn’t have near the athleticism of Ebo or Kane. Does he have good skills for a big, yes.

#2,032      

Deleted member 342779

D
Trice

Forgot about him, sorry. Don’t think we are out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re not sold on Trice, ... very limited skill set. Underwood wants more versatility. Trice won’t be in the Orange and Blue.

#2,033      
That's pretty much a wrap. Not that it wasn't already.

Any of our coaches speak German in case she is cursing us while on tour? ;)
Joking, am sure she will have a great visit.

I am still in the Jones & Trice camp for filling the 2 remaining open spots. But obviously Underwood & staff have seen things in person we have not. As long as the #wewillwin turns to #truth, lets go! :thumb:

#2,034      

ratdawg

ratdawg
Harrisburg Ilinois
They’re not sold on Trice, ... very limited skill set. Underwood wants more versatility. Trice won’t be in the Orange and Blue.

I'm not sure I understand. didn't we offer him? If, we didn't want him, why did we make an offer?

#2,036      
Giorgi doesn’t have near the athleticism of Ebo or Kane. Does he have good skills for a big, yes.

*Athleticism" Clearly means a lot of different things to people. I was taught years ago that hand eye coordination is just one of the 7 traits of athleticism. Georgis imo is much better than theirs. His ability to have some of his skills he has that others may not are due to this. I don't know what he doesnt do in the videos I've seen that those guys can. However, I may see that the other way around.. I guess that's why evaluations are s o different for all of us. I will be excited when he commits.

#2,037      
I disagree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXbLEjoVKZ4

He looks just as good as Kane and Ebo when it comes to handles and ups. Probably better handles and mid-range shooting ability than both.
:thumb: Its pretty obvious. I actually showed this video to a former player a week or so ago and he said "They better sign him up asap. Most 6'10" guys can't do that &%$#!"

Now Go Illini and for today Go Ramblers!

#2,038      

Somebody had to say it.

*Athleticism" Clearly means a lot of different things to people. I was taught years ago that hand eye coordination is just one of the 7 traits of athleticism. Georgis imo is much better than theirs. His ability to have some of his skills he has that others may not are due to this. I don't know what he doesnt do in the videos I've seen that those guys can. However, I may see that the other way around.. I guess that's why evaluations are s o different for all of us. I will be excited when he commits.

Move fast. Move quick. Move well. Move fluidly. Cover space with ease. Jump quick. Jump high.

#2,039      

illini80

Forgottonia
I'm not sure I understand. didn't we offer him? If, we didn't want him, why did we make an offer?
Word is the offer is not commitable until we hear from others like Jones. If we miss on him and Hinson, we may come back.

#2,046      
Somebody had to say it.

Move fast. Move quick. Move well. Move fluidly. Cover space with ease. Jump quick. Jump high.
I thought he covered the floor fast.we see things differently.
Speed, strength, flexibility, overall coordination (hand eye), endurance, reflexes, quickness. It's been a long time since I studied this in grad school lol.
I do feel that with sports involving a ball that hand eye coordination is often over looked. My good friend works with Okoro and the main reason he was amazed with Okoro as an elite athlete and much more so than others that are very fast, strong, agile and can jump is what he can do with his hands and feet while possessing a soccer ball. He tosses it around and catches it on the back of his neck. I'd wish I had seen him do that. While that is a skill too it certainly takes elite coordination and athleticism.
Okoro and Georgi are two athletes I really want as Illini orange and blue.

Last edited:
#2,047      

Deleted member 342779

D
Trice

I think they would have taken him had he committed right away. Things changed, other prospects emerged, ship sailed. He’s not at the top of their list.

#2,049      

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
Here is a KenPom tweet re: Jordan Caroline's 2018-19 Nevada squad:

Ken Pomeroy
‏Verified account @kenpomeroy

Here's my computer's top 10 for 2019 assuming everyone in @DraftExpress top 40 leaves: 1) Kansas, 2) Duke, 3) Villanova, 4) Auburn, 5) Kentucky, 6) North Carolina, 7) Nevada, 8) West Virginia, 9) Gonzaga, 10) Virginia, 11) Maryland.

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/977576572977692673

#2,050      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Okoro and Adam Miller are the biggest pieces of our next 5 years. These two are amazing talents.
In other news, #!$$@# why does it have to snow in late March for a good recruit like Giorgi?
He's from Austria. Snow shouldn't deter him.

Status
Not open for further replies.