Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Signing Period Begins: April 17th, 2019

2019 Illini Basketball Commits
Antwan January (2019 C) committed to Illinois on November 13th, 2018
Kofi Cockburn (2019 C) committed to Illinois on January 6th, 2019

rbachhuber's Scholarship Grid
Updated 3/29/2019

Last edited:
With Seabron and Lecque on board at NC State and with funderburke/Hellems there as well? I like our chances with CB! He would be the name recruit to add to this class. There has been some serious movement in the latest rankings to 247 players....

Hearing Christian Brown will be taking an OV to Oklahoma State this weekend.

So after OSU he would be down to 1 OV. Maybe that's the reason for the renewed TSJ noise. BTW, Shannon jumped on 247 composite from 116 to 84. IMG plays for the National Prep School championship this weekend.
Thanks for posting Indy.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
If CB takes an OV to a school that hasn’t been a part of anyone’s “front runner” talk instead of Champaign when we’ve been pushing like crazy to get an OV, I think it’s apparent he isn’t that interested.

sacraig

The desert
If CB takes an OV to a school that hasn’t been a part of anyone’s “front runner” talk instead of Champaign when we’ve been pushing like crazy to get an OV, I think it’s apparent he isn’t that interested.

Or maybe it's apparent that all this "front-runner talk" is speculation and not 100% fact-based. Oklahoma State has been in on him for a while. It's not like this was a surprise, out-of-the-blue visit to the OSU in Oregon or something like that.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
More like trying....
giphy.gif

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Except CB has said before that OKst is one of the schools recruiting him the hardest.

More like trying....

We haven’t heard a lot of talk about OSU being a front runner. NC State, Pitt or Illinois? Sure...

But not OSU. (At least not from recruiting pundits) So for them to get an OV late in the game is huge. However, I’ll concede for a moment that nobody knows what they are talking about in terms of recruiting news and that we can’t use our logic on 17-18 year olds.

If OSU has been one of the ones recruiting him the hardest, and they got an OV, then are our coaches not recruiting him as hard?

And if they ARE recruiting him hard, why is it that we are still “trying” to get an OV lined up. Like someone else (Yoda) said, you do or do not. If CB wants to come here for an OV, he would simply say “let’s do this, here is when I’m available” and then we’d make the arrangements and pay for it all.

Someone at OSU didn’t “try” they just pulled the trigger.

Maybe this OSU OV won’t even happen...or maybe he will come to the IU game and we will get his 5th OV. But for all the hopeful smoke we had going before, CB just keeps on dragging his feet when it comes to getting on campus.

I will remain hopeful he decides to come here for that last visit (or that the OSU one doesn’t happen) but it doesn’t seem to be going that way as of right now.

We haven’t heard a lot of talk about OSU being a front runner. NC State, Pitt or Illinois? Sure...

But not OSU. (At least not from recruiting pundits) So for them to get an OV late in the game is huge. However, I’ll concede for a moment that nobody knows what they are talking about in terms of recruiting news and that we can’t use our logic on 17-18 year olds.

If OSU has been one of the ones recruiting him the hardest, and they got an OV, then are our coaches not recruiting him as hard?

And if they ARE recruiting him hard, why is it that we are still “trying” to get an OV lined up. Like someone else (Yoda) said, you do or do not. If CB wants to come here for an OV, he would simply say “let’s do this, here is when I’m available” and then we’d make the arrangements and pay for it all.

Maybe this OSU OV won’t even happen...or maybe he will come to the IU game and we will get his 5th OV. But for all the hopeful smoke we had going before, CB just keeps on dragging his feet when it comes to getting on campus.

I will remain hopeful he decides to come here for that last visit (or that the OSU one doesn’t happen) but it doesn’t seem to be going that way as of right now.
I'm in agreement with most above, but I believe that BU has his priorities figured out and I think we'll like the results, plus if we're last for CB I like that position.

Call me crazy but I just went all in and bet the beach house that he is visiting for the IU game. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.