Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look 240. Glad to hear anything tho.

Calipari is 60. His window to "correct" the view that he isn't an NBA caliber coach is closing. This would be his last best chance to correct that view. Especially if he has LeBron and can help pull in Anthony Davis. Lakers will offer crazy money and oh by the way if it doesn't work out NCAA teams will be knocking down his door to hire him even at age 65. He'd be able to resume current shenanigans back in the NCAA with more money in his personal bank account.

Oh the irony of people talking about him being worried about his legacy.

Also, he's making $8 mil/yr at Kentucky. Only a few at the very top of the NBA are making more than $5 mil/yr.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
In my opinion, it's pretty much always all about the money

Cal has made a boatload. Money is frequently not the primary motivation for those in that earning strata. If he makes the move, it'll be all about wiping out the sole blot on his coaching record.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Cal has made a boatload. Money is frequently not the primary motivation for those in that earning strata. If he makes the move, it'll be all about wiping out the sole blot on his coaching record.

I agree, because, for him, vacating FF appearances is not a blot.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Oh the irony of people talking about him being worried about his legacy.

Also, he's making $8 mil/yr at Kentucky. Only a few at the very top of the NBA are making more than $5 mil/yr.
Yes, he's making $8 mil/yr, but you're not considering how much he's paying out to the top recruits every year! [partially kidding]

Corey Evans says that Mike Boynton, Ok State, is in to see Christian Brown today. Follow up to Brown's OV in Stillwater last weekend.

https://twitter.com/31damari

Monsanto committed to ETSU. One prediction correct. Can I be an insider now?

1551978758296.png

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
Could someone please explain why Monsanto doesn’t like Illinois and why he would put us in his top two when we evidently didn’t offer him? Inquiring minds of non insiders want to know.

sacraig

The desert
Do you think ETSU writers will claim this as a recruiting victory over Illinois?

Status
Not open for further replies.