Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the issue.
Not with Antwan getting here, obviously. Just my question about the few speculating that Tev will be one who transfers. If they really are that interested in playing together, it just seems deflating that January would arrive as Tev leaves. I don't see that happening, but I'm not an insider.
Tev has had some breakout moments such as the Maryland game. I think if he looks at the situation he can realize he can thrive here.

Last edited:
Just my question about the few speculating that Tev will be one who transfers.
Oh, that. You can ignore that chatter.

There will be transfers at the end of this season, but it isn't looking like Tevian will be one of them.

The only transfers that make sense to me at this point really is Kipper, Higgs could be medical, Kane possibly which would leave us as many as 6 slots open.

Kofi
Antwan
????

Holyfield is coming off a shoulder injury. Word is he could have played this year but he wanted to be 100% wherever he transferred to. To give you an idea of his ability. He was the pre season player of the year in the Southland Conference. Holyfield is likely a starter and a great person for Tev to learn from. High flyer type who likes to play above the rim and has a pretty nice shot as well. The other guy is said to be a done deal but I'm not gonna say who he is out of respect for the source who gave me the down low on him. I will say this nobody on here has ever said his name and untill I recieved word I had never even heard of him either so anyone on here who tries to say they knew all along is full of it because he's completely an unknown at this time.

Whats crazy is the size we will have next year. Kofi 6'11 280, Antwan 6'11 245, TJ 6'8 225, and the other guy...lol 6'8-6'9 seen him listed both and 210. So as you can see where is Samba gonna get his time next year with all that size. I say he redshirts or transfers, but he does like it at Illinois so a redshirt seems like a good possibility.

I don't usually post a lot here on loyalty anymore, but just figured I'd shed some light for you diehards like myself. January is looking like it's gonna happen too. His situation is similar to what Sambas was this summer and he took the season off after the first two games to focus squarely on making sure he has the proper classes in line to get thru admissions. This is all a part of their plan. BU knows what he has with Antwan and advised him to worry more about his academics. He's still on the Hillcrest team but only practicing while he gets his classes sorted out. Seeing how he was on campus at the beginning of February for his OV. I would say thats a pretty good indicator that things are going as planned with him and he's on course. Otherwise why would they waste an OV when they're limited.

My question about the unknown, is he any good?

In case you didn't watch the Holyfield video he is dunking in the face of a Mizzou player lol. Makes him that much better!!

Looks like 4-5 games ago the BTT made another adjustment against Illinois. Throw bigs at them and drive the ball. Illini needs size next year, true bigs and long/big wings are killing us. The team is beat up constantly going against bigger athletic teams.

Hoping AG, Tev, and Samba stay. Also that Ayo returns.

sacraig

The desert
I laughed.

giphy.gif

In case you didn't watch the Holyfield video he is dunking in the face of a Mizzou player lol. Makes him that much better!!

You know what I love about that clip? First, he threw it down knowing he’d be fouled and still attacked. Second, he didn’t stop for a second and complain about being hit in the face, nor did he flex and gloat, just turned and ran down the floor. How refreshing was all of that!

You know what I love about that clip? First, he threw it down knowing he’d be fouled and still attacked. Second, he didn’t stop for a second and complain about being hit in the face, nor did he flex and gloat, just turned and ran down the floor. How refreshing was all of that!

He looks like Nate Scheelhaase's older, taller brother.

drsmitty74

Rochester
Where is Shannon committing to today?

And a lot of buzz on 24/7 for Christian Brown to OK St.
Per his Twitter account, he states that he is announcing at noon today. Seems likely headed to Texas Tech, but still hoping he's in O&B next season.

Per his Twitter account, he states that he is announcing at noon today. Seems likely headed to Texas Tech, but still hoping he's in O&B next season.
He is a bit overrated imo. If you went to his workout during his official when he scrimmaged with the team he got locked up by Tev and I mean locked up couldnt do anything on offense....and Tev isnt exactly a lock down defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.